Abyss Of Agony

The world is really strange. The world that brought him to life, made him feel lost, despised, unwanted, unworthy- incongruous for this esteemed and holy cultivation world, is also the same world that made him feel loved, cared and cherished. His laudable deeds that were once buried under ashes of ostensible sins, were again rekindled - only to extinguish like the faint and subtle marsh fireband.

History repeats itself, right? So, is his fate repeating like history too - like the incessant wheel of birth and rebirth? Why is he feeling repudiated, unworthy, broken, spurned, shattered and enervated? Why are his legs or rather his entire body is burning and blitzing, but he is feeling numb, as if his soul no longer resides in the mortal world of materialistic sensations? Which labyrinth game of darkness is this rotten life playing with him?

What has he done to receive such a noxious feedback? Is he really that despicable? But why? Is it because he chose a different path and tried to save innocent ones, or is it because he got a second life - which he had decided to revel with his beloved one and chastise it from the past mistakes ?

Not that his jaded soul desired to return to this world anymore. Seems like it was Mo Xuanyu's ghost of a grave mistake to sacrifice his body and summon a devilish and impotent soul like him.

Oh right! The intention is now as clear as the purest water of Gusu's holy spring. He wanted to use Wei Wuxian to seek revenge from his enemies, who have torn him apart with the knife of berates. Everyone used him to fulfil their motives. He was just used, spent and wrung like an instrument.

What would have those cultivators done if his corpses did not assist in killing the Wens during the sunshot campaign?

They would have been crushed like ants without the massive power of the Stygian tiger amulet and his mastery over resentful energy. Those morons cherished him during the war and then turned him down as soon as he refused to let those power-hungry cultivators abuse his powers.

So pathetic. Not him, but them.

Everyone rejected him, even his own brother. Well, not that he expected too much from anyone. He is used to rejections; rejected from being provided with food, shelter, clothes to protect from harsh winter, family, parents...when he used to lurk around the streets, after the Almighty decided to make him orphan without his consent when he was six years old.

But like the first ray of the sun , Uncle Jiang brought hopes in his life. On a frosty cold day, the warm rays of sun for the first time bathed the streets that were frozen from the harsh January winter, finally meeting a long awaited scintilla of warmth to the shivering little boy. It is on the same day that a purple-robed man appeared before him - bringing a trove of impending pinch of happiness and contentment into his short termed lifetime.

He got a family - a motherly sister and a grumpy, yet loving brother. He got a fatherly figure but never a motherly one.

Madam Yu had always despised him, but deep down his heart, he could feel a very little warmth of a mother subtly envincing from her, whenever he was ill or injured. Perhaps it was an illusion of a purple woman sitting beside him, treating him, nursing his health; or maybe not? He could never comprehend Madam Yu's attitude towards him, even after spending so many years with the Jiangs.