Turn Of Events : EP 2

" Yes, I have the proof. " Lady Xiuyang claimed firmly.

Anticipation was screaming through the Hall, as mystified eyes stared at her, as a prey anticipates for further attacks from its predator.

" I want to see what proof you have " Lan Xichen demanded. His aplomb did not perish for a single moment.

" Sure sect leader Lan, " The lady said with a smirk.

Lan Wangji - the frozen solemn soul, stared at the scene with dour eyes and glum face, so did Lan Qiren. The three Lans' eyes were bemused, and they avoided each other's eyes deliberately. They didn't dare to... Didn't want to confront the storms that were whirling in each of the Lans' eyes.

But Lan Xichen was still composed - sedated, staid and collected as ever, and waited for the upcoming motion that might, or might not be in his favour. But he is not afraid; Head held high, he gazed at a general direction with confident eyes.

Lady Xiuyang walked towards the centre of the Hall and took a glance at everyone - the gaze lingered on the Jin clan leader for a prolonged moment. The other frowned; though his face was still calm and pleased, the inner turmoil whirling inside him was perceived by the lady, and she smirked.

" I shall expose the true colour of the so-called righteous Lan clan, who claims and charades to be the most virtuous and upright clan, but in reality are pitch black ogres. Their white robes are besmirched with hidden sins " Lady Xiuyang loudly claimed.

The three Lans were so shocked from the intensity of the accusations, that their calm eyes widened in horror. Their muddled minds are whirled with insecurities. The younger jade and the older Lan are not suspecting the elder Lan, but instead, they are waiting for the impending storm they have to face.

Bringing index finger on her lips, lady Xiuyang started chanting whispering spells. Within a moment, a thick swirl of cloud appeared around her and the Hall turned misty. A deluge of spiritual yang energy shrouded the place, and through the translucency of the foggy mist, a bright light illuminated - blinding all the eyes.

The intensity of the mist gradually departed from the room, and the dazzling figure of the lady emerged from the dangling translucency. Her graceful features shone brighter than the sun and she stood with face held high. It was so bright, that the evil eyes could not gaze at its vehemence.

Red and faint black threads of smoke started looming around her and bright cloudy smoke engulfed her surrounding. Among the dazzling luminance, she indeed looked like the heavenly being descended from the fortitude.

Amazed and wondered eyes stared at the scene with awe, but the extreme light could not let the eyes gaze for too long

Amazed and wondered eyes stared at the scene with awe, but the extreme light could not let the eyes gaze for too long. Murmurs echoed in the Hall, accompanied by astonished exclamations.

As the bright light finally fainted, and the celestial smoke and clouds finally disappeared, a huge golden spectacular gleaming mirror appeared in the air, followed by a wooshing sound and final departure of the spectacular bright light.
The mirror dangled in the air conspicuously. A faint yellow fireball was gleaming at the centre of the smooth mirror surface.