The Retribution Realm: EP 2

" The retribution realm. "

Wei Wuxian stared at the man
with eyes muddled from confusion and astonishment. Such a realm is completely unheard of, and not even in legends did the story of this realm could occupy the place of 'topic of conversation'.

Retribution?

" Why am I taken here? "

" Don't you want revenge? "

"Huh? "

"Do you not want to avenge those who have wronged you? Destroyed you? "

" I am already dead."

"No you are not. "

" What do you mean? " Wei Wuxian knew that he is still alive, but still his iffy heart is adamant to believe this truth that tantamounts to miracle; his dithering heart demands curt and steady confirmation.

"You know that you are not dead. "

As if sensing that his mind has been struggling to contemplate the pieces of information provided, the man replied in a calm voice.

Wei Wuxian was baffled.

He is not dead. But...

Retribution? For what? Is he going to retribute? Does he still has the capability to do so? He could feel the chasm in his soul - that shall never heal. He is as meek as the jaded thorn that lost its sharpness; as mellow as the festering fruit that shall crush against the soil very soon.

As if deciding to respond to the painful memories, his body felt a piercing pain and a mouthful of blood found its way from his mouth to the upper surface of the floor. The rusty taste perturbed his mind - had been perturbing again and again, sometimes in the form of the physical pain's tumultuous reaction, sometimes in the form of vile of betrayal; and he started coughing convulsively. His lips and chin were smeared in red velvety liquid.

But the man remained impassive - not even showing any sign of helping him

But the man remained impassive - not even showing any sign of helping him. He coughed out some more blood and the blood was pitch black, meaning it was malicious blood that was clogged inside due to the internal injuries.

So he is really alive with Mo Xuanyu's mortal body. Strange.

He fell on the floor while coughing but could not stand up as he was feeling dizzy and emetic; but there was no pain in his body anymore. As if touched by a string of zing and revival, he suddenly felt that flow of vibrant pleasing energy again that swept away all his sickness in a flash of moment, like the waves washes away every trace of blemish with it from the shore. He snapped his head towards the man, but saw him standing still in his position; staring at him with concerned eyes.

 He snapped his head towards the man, but saw him standing still in his position; staring at him with concerned eyes