Turn Of Events : EP 1

The Cloud Recess summoning Hall was occupied with multiple hues of robes with sundry symbols, worn by dozens of figures - immersed in their worlds of gloats.

This is the fourth time the cultivators have gathered at this same place since the second seize of burial mounds. After the seize, they did not return to their respective clans, but took lodge at Cloud Recess for a few days.

Everybody was waiting patiently, as this meeting was summoned at the request of none other than Lady Xiuyang - the one whom everyone respects snd considers to be the worthy wife of Lan Wangji.

Mirth was written on every cultivator's face. But it was really not happiness, but a satisfaction - satisfaction of triumph in a war in which they did not have to hold the sword, nor had to spend energy, nor did they have to shed blood, or show their vigour. Still, they were rejoicing their victory in a great battle. They have defeated the yiling Patriarch in a great battle.

It is the day after the core purification ceremony, and after patience of two days, the unholy monster shall be sent to an exile and will be eliminated forever. Today is the day of rejoicing for the entire cultivation world.

Everybody suspected, and were sure, that the meeting was called for a discussion about the wedding between the heavenly lady and the Second Jade of Lan. Or else why would the lady so suddenly request to arrange the meeting?

Soft murmurs were echoing in the Hall, as the cultivators chatted among themselves, and laughter and elated smiles beamed in the huge room, accompanied by bragging, self gloats and boastings.

The commotion in the hall halted as the two jades of Lan entered the hall - their backs straight, heads held high. With the pristine white-blue robes, they looked like two paintings in motion. All eyes were drawn to the two handsome figures entering with an esteemed yet humble aura.

The two brothers bowed before everyone. One had a pleasant professional smile while the other carried that eternal desolated stoic expression. However, this time, the second jade of Lan did not carry even that tiny piece of zing which he used to possess in his golden eyes - a proof that his soul is still there. This time, even his eyes lost that bit of remaining spark.

It surely went unnoticed by everyone, except the first jade of Lan. It was not like anyone except this one person cared about such an 'unnecessary' piece of tiny information.

"Greetings." The two brothers greeted and the cultivators acknowledged the polite gesture.

"We shall wait for Lady Xiuyang since she is the summoner of today's meeting." Lan Xichen announced.

"Yes. We should. She must be preparing herself since today might be a special occasion for Gusu Lan sect. We might get a good news to hear from her." A cultivator added with a smile plastered on his face.

"Perhaps." Lan Xichen replied with a smile and glanced at his brother. The latter remained quiet and expressionless as usual.

The cultivator returned the smile.

It was not a smile of happiness, but a smile of gratification - a gratification out of fulfilled revenge. Or why else the male cultivators, who just remain immersed in power-race, would be so interested in a matter of romance or marriage of a young master of another clan? It is not that the marriage would bring any benefit to them politically.

It's just an instrument they are using to vent out their never-ending hatred they have been harbouring against a single person.

None of the smiles in the hall emanated joy or elate, but all of them were tokens of the immense satisfaction that everyone felt from the justice meted to the cultivation world and the deserved punishment meted to the evil.