Ready?

Wei Wuxian shot open his eyes and sat up with a jerk. He was panting hard and sweat beads were rolling down his forehead - he was drenched in sweat. The horrible memories started assailing his mind and he was shaking convulsively.

He frantically looked around while tugging roughly at his sweat-soaked hair and retreated his frame towards the furthest corner of the bed and hugged his knees tightly. He was still shaking as those memories started haunting him again.

After a few moments of this torment, he again felt that same pleasing energy start flowing through his body, and his mind and body started calming down immediately. Soon, he regained his composure and finally sat properly and looked around the room - as if searching for someone.

He was blinded by the redness of the room and suddenly started feeling irked from this vibrant hue. The colour seemed too much to bear in the eyes. Red, the colour of revolution and the colour of power, is also the hue of blood - the vitality of every being.

The soil is so smeared with red

The soil is so smeared with red. Black smoke has enveloped the atmosphere. The rusty smell is dangling in the air. Chilliads of flesh, bones, hands, leg scattered like fallen petals - everything is coveted under one hue - red. The horrible scenes started assimilating his mind like a serrated knife.

He started feeling breathless inside this vibrant room. Getting out of the bed, he ran towards the white balcony.

It was dazzling white outside.

This realm is totally void and consists of nothing but just empty whiteness and bright lights - as if coveted by the blanket of transparent, yet opaque dazzling cloudy mist. A shy pinkness surrounds this misty void place and only glimpses of trees could be seen from the windows and balcony that peek through the thick pink fogs. Everything is concealed by those thick cloudy lilac fogs.

For any other eyes, the sight should be bewitching, astounding, mystical and almost beautiful, but for his eyes, it's just void

He realised that it was early in the morning judging from the bright colour of the outside world.

He doesn't know why he has been brought to the retribution realm, but he had gladly accepted the never-ending pin drop silence that resides here.