Enervated Soul Rending Apart

It is the same Hall of Cloud Recess that led to the way of nightmarish darkness in his hollow repudiated life. Its walls are screaming at him with admonition, shouting to him- at his vacant pitch-black life. Wei Wuxian was taken to the same summoning Hall where all the assembled cultivators were glaring at him with despise.

" Everybody has arrived I guess. Shall we start the ceremony? " Lan Xichen asked Lan Wangji who was standing like a lifeless and dull statue.

"No injuries should be there on the body," Lan Wangji said in an empty direction expressionlessly.

Still, Lan Xichen's face twitched a little after he looked at his brother and he turned towards Jin Guangyao.

"As you can see Zewu-Jun, there are no injuries on Young Master Wei's body". Jin Guangyao said and glanced at Wei Wuxian.

" Yes, I could see that, " Lan Xichen said.

"So, shall we start the ceremony? " Jin Guangyao asked.

"Yes. But not here. The ceremony will be done in Gusu private hall by Lan disciples and Wangji" Lan Xichen said.

Jin Guangyao frowned. A visible layer of darkness fell on his face.

"But Zewu-Jun, we have agreed to make the Yiling Patriarch pay for the atrocities he had done before. So everyone should witness the punishment given to him. It is every cultivator's right" Jin Guangyao said with a peaceful expression.

Lan Xichen seemed to be contemplating something for a moment. He looked at Lan Wangji.

"Wangji, what Lianfang-Jun is saying is right. I had taken this decision upon your request earlier, but after listening to Jin Guangyao, I think doing that would be inappropriate" Lan Xichen said to his brother.

Jin Guangyao's expression seemed a bit unsettled.

"Lan-er-gongzi, you should move on" Was the only thing he said in the direction of Lan Wangji. But Lan Wangji threw a glare at him.

Lan Xichen sighed and gave an unknown look towards Jin Guangyao. As if understanding what the white-robed man tried to imply, Jin Guangyao nodded his head once and Lan Xichen nodded back.

"No injuries or wounds should be there on the body, and there should be ample amount of resentful energy flowing through the core" Lan Wangji said calmly in a stern voice.

Jin Guangyao smiled.

"Lan-er-Gongzi, you can check everything. As I have said before, no harm was done to his body. If you say, then I can remove his garments and.... "

"No need," Lan Wangji said sternly and Jin Guangyao nodded impassively.

"And for the rest part, you have already seen how he had attacked Zewu-Jun that day. It is a proof that ample resentful energy is flowing through his core. He had opted to taint Mo Xuanyu's body with demonic cultivation too. He had allowed resentful energy to engulf the little core that was present in Mo Xuanyu's body so that he can control the Stygian tiger seal" Jin Guangyao said.

Everyone wore a disgusted expression.

Till now not a single voice spoke as Zewu-jun has requested each cultivator not to speak, before the Yiling Patriarch goes through the ceremony.

The elder jade did not mention the reason and everyone assumed that the Yiling Patriarch might use some evil spell, so they did not utter a word. Although they said nothing, but they rejoiced the pathetic condition of Wei Wuxian.

They had expected some physical torture to be inflicted on the demonic cultivator, but seems like they have to remain satisfied with the torment that the Yiling Patriarch have to go through.