[𝟓] 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄

𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄

"𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘰𝘵𝘺𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭,"

𝟏𝟕:𝟎𝟖, 𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝟒𝐓𝐇, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟎

"I GUESS IT'S FINAL," Lucius murmured, seated on their bed as Narcissa sat on a couch, breast-feeding Draco.

"We're adopting her." Narcissa looked over at her son's cot to see the nameless baby, awake and staring up at the chandelier. Narcissa saw its face cringe at the light and giggle, letting out a blurted snort.

Narcissa smiled at this. She felt somewhat connected, as much as she felt with Draco.

Mr Malfoy had shared all the information with Narcissa and requested to blood-adopt the child to keep her safe. Narcissa immediately agreed and believed it would also benefit Draco to not lonesomely growing up.

"Does she drink it—?" Lucius asked.

"Heavens, no! That'll poison her! Didn't you make this potion? Didn't you read?" Narcissa said, her arms crossed as they gazed at the babysitting on the bed who was blank-faced. Draco was currently resting in the cot.

"No, of course not! I was the worst at potions back in school; Snape helped me." Lucius firmly said, jiggling the flask in his hands.

"Oh please, by 'help' you mean to create the whole potion for you." Narcissa giggled.

"Oh, shush," Lucius said, attempting to hide a smirk.

"Ok, slowly pour it onto her."

"What?!" What did she mean by pouring it on?!, "Wouldn't it sting-"

"Oh, PFT, of COURSE, it would! Just do what I say; I'm the smarter matter in this situation." Narcissa innocently said, googling her eyes at Lucius, who reluctantly gave in and stared at the flask. Taking a breath, he poured the chemicals onto the baby who only chortled and snorted.

The liquid faded away on her, resulting in feature changes.

Now, she had chubby cheeks and her nose was more pointed instead of its original flatness. Her eyes illuminated a deep grey that Lucius and Narcissa mesmerisingly gazed into.

She carried many traits of Lucius which he couldn't help but beam at.

However, interrupting Lucius' wonder, Narcissa grabbed her and placed her next to a sleeping Draco so she instantly fell asleep.

The new — parents, chuckled at this and hugged each other.

"What the fuck, why isn't she waking up?" Lucius muttered as he looked into the cot.

"Watch your language, Darling," Narcissa instantly whispered as she rocked Draco back and forth.

"What do you mean watch it? Not like she can overhear us. She's asleep."

"Well, she is the dark lord's daughter after all; and Bellatrix's, for a matter of fact. I'm still not aware or capable of all her extreme accomplishments. She had Schizophrenia,"

Lucius sighed and stared at the baby. Together, the couple discussed the safest alternatives to wake her up instead of the most severe. They were not only confused as to why their child wasn't waking up, but they believed each other to be overthinking, so they let it be.

A week into this intention and the baby was yet nameless and asleep; her parents were too afraid to move her into her newly bought cot and were notably worried. They had stressfully endeavoured to wake her up as Draco amusingly observed. They attempted to snap her open, throw her and catch her, and even pour water onto her which her body peculiarly absorbed.

There were two options, to seeks muggle help, or to use a dagger and form a cut on her palm. Obviously, Malfoys being Malfoys, preferred the less dangerous option; the cutting.

So there they were, Lucius gripping a dagger tightly and reluctantly grabbing her hand.

"You know what? You do it," Lucius stated as he put his hand out in a gesture to give the knife to his wife.

"No! You're the man," Narcissa said, waving her hands and stepping away.

"That's extremely stereotypical," Lucius said.

"Please, we both know you're more capable than me. You've killed more muggles, and I'm not even an official death eater." Narcissa smirked.

"Well, you are more capable because you have bipolar."

"Now, dear, that's stereotypical."

"Those are facts!"

Narcissa only narrowed her eyes and eyebrows, and Lucius not wanting to face his wife's wrath, reluctantly held his daughter's hand again. With slight guilt, he cut his daughter's hand and she immediately popped her eyes open. Surprisingly, she didn't cry, but instead, Draco did.

The parents knew that their twins Draco would be the protective brother.

The baby sat up and smiled at her parents. They noticed she now had blonde spikes shooting out from her head and giggled at this. Narcissa went to pick Draco up and rock him, and together, the couple cooed at the babies.

However, the main question that they all seemed to avoid was, "Why was she asleep for so long?"

"Wake me up when it's all over,"
- Avicii (Wake me up)

794 words
27 August 2021

PLEASE VOTE

(it will do me so much good... 😅)