[𝟐𝟗] 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐃𝐔𝐄𝐋

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐃𝐔𝐄𝐋
"What the heck was that?"

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐃𝐔𝐄𝐋"What the heck was that?"

𝟮𝟯:𝟰𝟰, 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗘𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟴𝗧𝗛, 𝟭𝟵𝟵𝟭

LEARNING A NEW SPELL WAS ONE THING. But feeling superior was another. Unlike Draco, Marium's once nervous knot in her stomach slowly untied after hours in the common room overthinking. First, she thought that Ron would have the upper hand in the duel. Mainly because his declaring of it created a manipulative sense of anxiety, when really, Marium and Draco had the advantage.

And better yet, all because of superiority and blood status. Ronald came from a scabby red-headed and better yet, poor family, who couldn't even afford new books for their children. He obviously would have no experience!

So, there Marium and Draco were, sneaking out of the common room; through the stone walls, up the staircases, and many, many corridors. All the while Marium felt secure and confident. And of course, ready to kick Ronald's arse.

Draco raised a worry, trying to locate their way through to the trophy room – the place Harry told the twins Ron wanted to meet them.

"I don't know any spells." Marium stopped in her tracks.

"What?!" She stared at Draco, watching him ramble up his tongue.

"W-well, I-I, I-I don't know, I-I j-just... Well, I-i..."

"Draco! For goodness sake. It's freaking December! It's almost Yule and you're telling me you haven't learnt a single spell? Kill me for Merlin's sake." Marium buried her face in her hands, her black gloves brushing over her fringe.

"Well! I've been busy!"

"Doing what exactly?" Marium crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes and furrowing her eyebrows at her dumb brother.

"Well–"

"Ugh! You've been trying to impress Potter, haven't you? You've been busy with potions– Merlin! Why can't you just concentrate on Charms? At least impress that guy with spells, not potions."

"Jeez! No need to get mad. Calm down, Mari." Marium's voice softened with Draco's and they both took deep breaths. They both knew, but never discussed it. Marium was a little sensitive.

"Sorry. I'm just stressed. You always have to get us into a mess, and I always have to be the one to get us out."

"I'm sorry, I just... Why don't we just beat this blood traitor's butt?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah! Let's beat him."

"Yeah!"

Before they knew it, the twins reached the Trophy Room, but only to meet disappointment.

"Where are they?" Draco, who was as paranoid as a mouse being chased, glanced from end to end of the room.

"Obviously Not here." Marium rolled her arms and grabbed Draco's arm. "Let's find these late punks."