[𝟗] 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐔𝐋𝐄

𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐔𝐋𝐄

"𝘐 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨."

MARIUM PACED BACK AND FORTH

MARIUM PACED BACK AND FORTH. The Malfoy family stood outside the Slytherin Manor. They were here for a Yule celebration that traditionally invited all the Pureblood families.

It was her tenth Yule.

She was accompanied by only her idiotic brother and her dearest mother because her father had gone in early to greet the guests. Clocks swam through her head, pulling nerves and tangling her thoughts. Socialising was one of Marium's weaknesses, especially when she was forced into it.

To be exact, Marium had never socialised before, since there was no need to. She had been raised in a lonesome household with her only friends to be Draco and Dobby; whom she cared much about. Dobby was incredibly kind to the Malfoy family — mainly the children. Mother never seemed to care about and wouldn't affect Dobby, to be honest, she hardly used him. Father was an irritatable man. As usual. He'd be hooked to his work at the ministry that he had no realisation of the heartache and influence he put on Dobby; which was worsened by Draco following their father.

Speaking of Marium's father — Lucius — she found a more loving side of him, one that she never saw when he was around Draco; as if her father favoured Marium over her brother. However, with this knowing observation, Marium didn't dare utter a word to her blonde twin. Though she'd be highly annoyed and playfully offended by him, she wouldn't want to hurt him, especially since he looked up to their father. But, Marium was grateful for her father's fondness and appreciated all he did.

She had also noticed strange behaviour from her mother. She'd be happy one second and frustrated the other. Also, during the past two years, Marium watched the mother dye half of her hair black, which shocked their father.

Now Marium stood outside the large cell-like gates, attached to curvy grass walls. She would usually wear black and green, but instead, she wore a white top with long flowing shoulderless sleeves — almost like jazz wear — and white pants, secured with a beige belt. She had her hair messily down and her fringe perfectly in place. With a hairband, she tied up her locks into a messy bun which her mother noticed immediately.

"Oh, sweetie, don't tie it, it's perfectly fine when it's down!" Mother smiled, walking over and fixing the hair.

"But, mother, the hair down looks so messy; I look homeless!" Marium whined. She started becoming frustrated with her mother and let out a huge puff, which Draco snickered at. "Oh, shut up, will you?" Marium rolled her eyes as Draco walked towards her sister. Narcissa finished fixing Marium's hair which she was pleased with until her brother grabbed the hair and  messed it up again.

"Draco! Ugh, I hate you." Marium cried, rolling her eyes.

Narcissa walked over again and fixed the hair. "Draco, you mustn't do such a thing. How do you think you'd court people?" The twins' mother asked. Marium couldn't help but chuckle at this. Draco had always complained about how their parents were so romantic to one another which gave a perfect reason to bring up this remark. Draco only whirled his eyes.