[𝟐𝟏] 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒

𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒
"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵? 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘶𝘱 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳?"

𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵? 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘶𝘱 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳?"

𝟬𝟮:𝟭𝟮, 𝗦𝗘𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥 𝟯𝟬𝗧𝗛, 𝟭𝟵𝟵𝟭

MARIUM COULDN'T SLEEP. Her mind kept wandering back to the note. That note. That peculiar note. She couldn't sleep with the knowing fact that someone was after her. Or maybe it was just some funny prank, or even a secret admirer like Daphne proposed. But no. Marium continued to believe it was something more. She always overthought the smallest things, like when her mother, Narcissa was being distant from the children one day, Marium believed she had some disease. Which she didn't. But, still, it was extremely disturbing.

That was when Marium remembered Lucius saying how when one felt disturbed, the best option was to clear their mind with a long walk. So that's what she did.

Marium jumped from her silk bed and slowly crept out of the room that she shared with Daphne and Pansy. Of course, she brought her wand. However, when she stepped out, she heard a faint noise. Talking. Marium carefully turned around to see Pansy shaking in her bed, still asleep. Marium let out a silent sigh of relief and quickly slithered out of the dormitories like a snake; still in her oversized sage green sweater and baggy grey sweatpants.

Now in the common room, the ambitious blonde girl stood up straight and stared around the room. No sounds. Good. She made her way out of the cobblestone wall and now outside, with her leather day shoes, she let out another sigh of relief.

God. It's so dark.

Marium had never produced a luminous charm but decided to. It was her only choice. Taking her wand out from the pocket of her pants, she waved her wand and whispered the keywords, "Lumos." To her luck, a dim light shone just so she could see her shoes. Still not good enough. "Lumos Maxima." It didn't work. Merlin. She tried again. "Lumos Maxima!" The light expanded great enough for her to have a good look at the objects ahead of her.

Not knowing where she was heading, Marium started to walk forward and wherever the corridors took her. Hopefully, she wouldn't see anyone. Hopefully.

It felt like seconds and she had gone up many stairs and to the library. Might as well do some reading to take Marium's mind off the note. Ugh, that note.

She walked through the library. At night, the walls looks ancient and the books looked gloomy and rusty. Of course, they were always rusty, but she never saw them hidden in the dark. Turning her head around, she tried to look for her favourite section to read; a spot she found on her own, a booth. Walking with her wand in front of her, she spotted the area in the distance, only... there was chatter echoing from the booth. And there were shadows seated in the area. Marium instantly ducked behind a bookshelf near the booth. Merlin, please help. Sweat dripping from her forehead nervously. Heart thumping. Mind running.

She decided that instead of worrying, it'd be smarter to listen. Maybe some teacher gossip. That'll also take her mind off of the note.

"You must understand, Albus." A voice whispered. Albus? Albus Dumbledore? What does Dumbledore want? "She isn't any harm!" She? "She's only eleven. You can't possibly..." The voice sounded dark and anxious. Marium couldn't tell if it was a male, female or other. It sounded a mix of everything.

"No, you see, I can. Not possibly, but certainly." This voice sounded old and confident. And it wasn't quiet, it was quite loud. Dumbledore.

"But, Sir. This girl... who is she even? You keep referring to it as her. I think it'll be more effective if I know who it is." Now the voice sounded louder and clearer. Feminine and old.

"Oh, McGonagall." McGonagall?! "You know that I won't tell you." Dumbledore laughed.

"Oh, come on. How do you think I'm going to help?" McGonagall worriedly said. Her shadow leaned forward.

"Marium Malfoy." Marium tensed. No. What? A whole part of her was screaming to run away, but this tiny part said that she should stay and listen more.

"What? What's up with her?" McGonagall said.

"She's too dangerous. She'll ruin the whole prophecy." What prophecy? Harry Potter's? "He must be the glory. It's in the book, and she's just going to ruin everything. It isn't good."

"I see. So, what do you want to do to her?"

"Well–" Marium didn't want to hear. She jumped up and ran off, following her light straight back down to the dungeons and Slytherin Common Room. She heard Dumbledore and McGonagall instantly stand up and look around for the person, but Marium was already off. She was truly afraid.

"If you sleep, you can avoid everything

"If you sleep, you can avoid everything."

832 words

October 1 2021

a/n

sorry for the short chapter.

make sure that you  v o t e ! ! !

and don't be a silent reader. 

c o m m e n t ! ! !