Chapter 12. Five Months Ago - February P3

So new cover....I decided I didn't really like my first one. Tell me what you think?

...For the Meishan Yu Sect...well there wasn't a formal description of their sect colors, but interestingly enough there were another two colors added in the Untamed Jiang uniform that JC, YZ & JYL wear. Soft greens and teal, some sand but I didn't go for that one, because the Nie sect is all grey unless they are wearing some shade of beige/sand...

In the episodes featuring Lady Yu Ziyuan, she's often wearing a green over robe/shawl thing and Jiang Cheng wearings pale metallic green or teal over robes a few times...and Jiang Yanli wears green when she's not wearing lavender or gold...

Lady Yu kept her surname rather than become Lady Jiang as was her right and tradition. The Jiang sect don't force a name change in canon, but the author worked hard to reinforce the idea that Madam Yu was intensely proud of her Meishan Yu roots. Which explains why her children are seen wearing the pale green assemble. Jinzhu and Yinzhu also wear teal beneath the purple. 

.....And its not like Zhu Zan Jin ever looks bad in anything...that man could wear hazmat suit and look good! :) 🙃

Thoughts?

------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment suspended like the intensely slow drip of melting snow, he cannot breathe. He does not know if its because of the relief as painful as thawing fingers or the panic that might still be clawing the inner walls of his lungs.

He's jostled and his lungs expand, a snap of air and the scent of the osmanthus cologne Brother has been wearing since Mother gave it to him for his seventeenth birthday. It grounds him in reality, a scent wrapped up in comfort and safety.

He breathes ragged and stares at the now muted screen that isn't showing Wei Ying's face any more, only miles of corridors and lapping water nearly black in the nighttime light.

He breathes and Lan Zhan knows the moment panic is replaced by anger that seeps into his veins like the mists draws around Gusu in the early days of winter. Brother is in front of him, a clear signal that if this heads down the route of violence, Lan Xichen will take point and trusts that Lan Zhan will have his back.

There is fury in every line of Lan Xichen's cold expression, the antithesis of Uncle's vocal heat, but perfect in counterpoint to Nie Mingjue's loud, very loud in fact, rage over nearly killing his brother

Its the tail end of a terrifying, outrageously unfair experience and there is no part of Lan Zhan that doesn't want blood for it. Metaphorical or not.

...But...now can he breathe, now he can think, the rational cold part of his reasoning has to admit that this disaster has one benefit. Neither the Lan Sect nor the Nie Sect can side with Jin Guangshan against the Jiang now. If the Jin are willing to do this to the Jiang, what is going to stop them trying with the Qinghe Nie or with Gusu Lan?