Chapter 24. Wen Qing

No, I am still alive and so, so late!!

Um...confession time. I researched the Chinese healthcare system so I didn't embarrass myself, but...reality and Wen Qing don't entirely match up. This is a version of the Chinese healthcare system with cultivators, so I suppose it doesn't need to be ultra-realistic. Still, if anything offends or seems too weird, please let me know!!

---------==================------

The drive to the hospital with Jin Zixuan takes far longer than Lan Zhan had hoped it would, time filled with a placeholder plan that he had no intention of using. 

Wei Ying had a packed schedule for today, finalizing the launch of several Furong products with Jiang Cheng and giving the official go-ahead for one of his talisman array projects. On the same plate is is ambitious sword training plan for his senior disciples, the graduation of an entire class of juniors and the selection of juniors for the student exchange program. To say he's swamped would be an understatement, but Wei Ying takes it all in his stride.

Jiang Yanli has convinced him to delegate more to his team where he can, both at Furong and in Lotus Pier, but Wei Ying is a control-freak for all his affected-idleness. Lan Zhan who does exactly the same thing in Gusu, running two lives at full pace, cannot get involved without becoming a hypocrite.

So he tells Granny Jiang that he's got an appointment at the hospital about his leg and reluctantly leaves his godson for his lessons and publicly takes Jin Zixuan up on his offer of a ride.

Ten minutes into the journey, he's grateful he took Granny Jiang up on her kind offer of a thermos filled with good quality black Yunnan coffee

Ten minutes into the journey, he's grateful he took Granny Jiang up on her kind offer of a thermos filled with good quality black Yunnan coffee. He sips it, bitter, fragrant and hot on his tongue as he talks Jin Zixuan down.

He thinks about what he's learned about Wei Ying recently, to help keep his patience and temper in check. If he recites the rules of Gusu, he will inevitably retreat into silence and this is necessary.

Wei Ying doesn't like coffee. He loves the smell of it, but hates anything bitter in flavor. His exception seems to be bubble tea, although that's so mild, perhaps even he can ignore it. Plus, with his hyperactivity, caffeine can be disaster, Lan Zhan muses as he savors his coffee.  No, Lan Zhan has come to realize the love of his love, drinks only tea, C100 cans and wine.

Wei Ying's also convinced that Lan Zhan's favorite is suanmeitang, but since the sour plum drink cools spice and stops his mouth burning, when Wei Ying cooks...anything... he can't deny his affection for the purple cans of pure relief.

They go over the reasons again as the light changes to green. But Jin Zixuan while deeply committed, is hesitant about getting Wen Qing involved.

Ostensibly, he knows as Lan Zhan does, that Ke Qingzhao is in fact Wen Qing, the traitor to the Wen Dynasty that faked her own death and was resurrected by the Jiang siblings, as another person. Ke Qingzhao has many of the same qualifications as Wen Qing, perhaps more, apparently transferring from Yiling teaching hospital, that might remember her, or might not.