Chapter 17. Three Months Ago - April

Okay so this is the last part of April and we are finally moving closer to that Yunmeng trip! :)

-----------------------

There was something incredibly...competent in the way Wei Ying paused, looked at the alarm array and the additional text from Nie Huaisang, sighed and then dug around in his coat pocket for his qiankum bag.

It had half smile of amusement, besotted love and respect curling Lan Zhan's lips as he watched. 

Considering the noise as he dug into the bag, he was carrying a small house in the confines of the spelled cloth and it was a very traditional qiankum bag, which just made the scene...adorable and so Wei Ying.

A child's reading book appeared and with it, Suibian. The book was stuffed back into the bag, his hair was tied with a flourish and in less time than it took to locate it, Wei Ying was off along the path behind the Jingshi, then airborne.

One day he was going to stop taking this moments and lining the walls of his heart with them. 

Stop adding details to this fantasy.

Shaking his head, Lan Zhan leapt onto Bichen and followed, soaring through the sky

No, he wouldn't. He was still going to be imagining what life could be like if Wei Ying loved him back, when he took his last breath. The last firing of his damn synapses was going be for the image of Wei Ying. His current favorite, favorite one. It changed and they were all favorites except for that day in the hospital....

Although even with a grey pallor and nearly lifeless, Wei Ying was still the most beautiful creature in existence.

Oh was he doomed, flute music and all.

The scene when they arrived was exactly what they had expected, in the massive gold and red array trapping their would-be-traitors and unfortunately proved exactly who was against them in the same breath

They dropped to the ground beside Lan Xichen who stood like a guardian in front of the array containment box that had been hidden within the freshly scattered dirt before the tear. On the other side of the shield was a similar array and Nie Huaisang was there holding the talisman paper controlling it. For once, he wasn't holding his tablet.