12.

All rights reserved... @brightlights101

Andrea stood in her mothers full length mirror, staring at the white, vibrant silk material of her wedding gown. Her hair was pinned into a low bun with a white lily in her hair. She felt beautiful.

Seven days had flown by. Andrea didn't want to wait a second longer. She wanted to get it over with. Her mother on the other hand wanted more time, more months to plan a large celebration. But since it was going to be a courthouse wedding, there wasn't much to plan.

The girls still insisted they all wear the same matching color, regardless of style and material. They wanted to feel like bridesmaids even though they won't be standing beside her.

They believed this would be her one and only wedding in her entire life. They had to make sure it resembled a wedding like theirs so Andrea felt like this would be the most amazing day of her life. Unfortunately, for Andrea, being with Matteo made it harder.

"Andrea," her mother calls.

She looks at her through the mirror as her hands fiddled with the silk material clingy to her body.

"Nonna has something to give you," her grandmother comes into view.

Andrea turns around, watching as her grandmother shuffles her way.

Isabella opens up her hands, a pearl necklace lays in her palms.

Andrea meets her half way in a hurry cupping her grandmothers hands as they stare down.

"Nonna," she chokes back a sob.

Isabella turns her granddaughter around and clasps the necklace around her neck.

"I want you to have them," she tells Andrea through the mirror with a somber smile.

Awestruck, Andrea couldn't believe what she was hearing. "But-but they're yours."

Andrea touches the pearls, "nonna, I-I can't."

"Shhh," her grandmother soothes. "When you get to be my age and stand with your daughter on her wedding day you will continue passing this necklace down for many generations to come."

A single heartwarming tear falls down Andrea's face.

"Why didn't mama ever have this?"

"I lost it once," her mother admits which earned a stink eye from her own mother. "Just the once."

"That's all it takes," her grandmother mutters. "So, don't lose it either."

"I won't. I promise," Andrea sniffles.

As her mother and grandmother left her alone, her father walks in. His hair was slicked back and he wore his gold chain across his not so subtle, peak through hairy chest. She only assumed she would see the same exact style on her brothers. They always looked handsome when they dressed up in their formal attire. The Capaldi family has an amazing reputation for being beautiful, breathtaking, jaw dropping human beings. It even was passed down to the beautiful ten little munchkins.

"Hi, papa," she turns to face him.

Her father is left stunned at how beautiful his little girl looked.

Tears brimmed his eyes.

"Papa," she takes a couple of steps towards him and cups the right side of his face, swiping the solo tear away.

He places his big, calloused hand over hers and leans into it. 

He takes in a big breath. "Mi amore."