30.

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

Several weeks go by...

After being bed ridden for two weeks, she quickly immersed herself in work. She felt confident in the mural she was painting despite her grievances. Even though Matteo's kind words helped encourage her, she still felt uncertain.

Holding a paintbrush next to her face, staring breathlessly at how far she came in her contribution to her parent's restaurant: she smiled. In the months leading up to this very day, she was beyond proud of herself.

The restaurant wouldn't have been this close to being ready without Matteo's very large contribution. She knew her father would be in debt for the rest of his life. But the place looked immaculate. She was certain more people would show up after this renovation.

All that was left to finish was putting in the furniture, touch up on the welcoming desk, create a new menu, and bring in the new kitchen appliances. It was finally coming all together. The anticipation was all too consuming.

Putting down the paintbrush, she steps out from behind the tarp. It was lunch time and her stomach gurgled on cue.

She took a seat at the makeshift table they laid out, sitting with some of the workers who looked at the food hungrily. Andrea's eyes widened in awe. The spread looked absolutely delicious. But to be respectful, she sat patiently until everyone sat down.

They all slowly trickled in. Her father being the last person to sit down. He always sat a couple of chairs down. Their relationship has remained distant since that fateful incident that showed his true colors.

They'd exchange a couple of greetings but it wouldn't last anywhere near a minute long.

It's been a dreadful eight weeks, working side by side and gathering for Sunday dinners. But she knew he wouldn't get off easy this time. He has to earn her trust and respect this time.

They all served themselves and moved onto grace. They thanked their health, loved ones and of course Andrea's smooth pregnancy. All of their excitement at bringing in new life consumed their conversations at the restaurant. Though their interest in wondering how her marriage is going, they tried to slowly come around to the idea that it was genuine. It may have had a rough beginning, it definitely has changed since.

"So, Andrea, still adamant on keeping the baby's sex a mystery?" Paola asks.

"Yes. I'm hoping to keep it that way. All it takes is one look at my ultrasound and I could ruin it for myself. I like surprises, and I plan on keeping it that way."

"Have you started working on a nursery?" Marcella then asks.

Andrea nervously laughs. "Uh, I haven't."

All the women stopped eating and put their utensils down. They were all in disbelief. Then men on the other hand continued on eating as if what she said wasn't concerning.

"How far along are you?" Francesca questions.

"31 weeks," she grimaces at the reactions of all the women had.

When any one of them were expecting they had everything done by the second trimester. And here Andrea was entering her third trimester and she had nothing done. They were worried for her. All of them were planners and didn't like flying by the seat of their pants. So of course they had to know why.

"Andrea," Francesca speaks lightly and out of concern, "what are you waiting for?"

Andrea frowns, staring at her half eaten plate.

"I'm just...scared," she pauses, feeling her emotions run high. "I don't think I can do this. I'm too young," she said with remorse and a hiccup in her voice.