25.

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

Another week had passed and Matteo never returned like he had promised. And as she spent these days wondering why he hasn't shown up, in a moment of relapse she felt abandoned.

She didn't like the feeling one bit, so she focused her attention on painting what she couldn't verbally express.

Matteo hadn't completely been ignoring her, he would check in when he had the chance, but when he would, there were times where she wouldn't respond. But he would know if she had looked at it by the receipts, indicating that she was aware of his attempts, she just didn't want to acknowledge him.

Her feelings were valid and he was aware of how his actions were effecting her. But she didn't understand the risk that was involved in their dilemma. So yes, he broke his promise. He never did return after her first night with his grandparents but that was due to circumstances which he knew she wouldn't want to understand in that moment. But overtime, she'll reflect and see why he did what he did.

Time will only tell.

But there were moments where he'd eagerly stare at the moving three dots, waiting in agony to finally hear from her, regardless if it was her telling him off. He needed some sort of reaction. But once the dots would disappear and no response was sent, he himself would be filled with irritation and anger.

Two stubborn people paired together was a disaster waiting to happen.

Andrea would write him a novel, expressing every emotion and feeling she felt towards him. But she realized that no matter what she told him it wouldn't change a thing. She understood why he was acting the way he was she just didn't like it. But she had to suck up her pride and try and remember why he's doing it.

But she also desperately wanted to return home. She couldn't care less about who was out to get her. She missed her family.

She missed him.

Andrea was very grateful for his grandparents. They've been nothing but kind. But eventually there has to be a stopping point. She didn't want to be there forever.

When would this madness end?

There was a knock at the sunroom door. Through the booming sound of rain and opera music blaring throughout the room, she heard Rosa enter.

Hopping off the stool, she places her paintbrush down and turns down the music. She can now hear the full force of Mother Nature. She titled her head up to see the rain slamming down on the glass above.

She turns around to see Rosa closing her umbrella and setting it off to the side, there was a plastic bag hanging off her arm.

"The rain is relentless," Rosa grunts in disapproval. "It came out of nowhere."

Andrea nods in agreement, the weatherman had been wrong about todays weather forecast.

"I brought you a rain coat and boots," Rosa hands her the plastic bag. Andrea thanks her.

As she went to take them out, Rosa sneaks past her, walking up to the new painting Andrea was currently finishing up.

Since her stay, Andrea always snuck off to the sun room, hiding away for hours at a time, painting away. At this point, Andrea had made up to seven drawings, scattered across the room. Some were happy and bright, while others were dark and gloomy. Based on the painting she was doing that day reflected how she was feeling. It let Rosa know if she was approachable or not and if she needed to lend a shoulder to lay her head on.

Rosa knew that the sunroom was her safe space, and they left her alone. But with every painting, Rosa couldn't help but marvel at what she created. She was always so eager to discuss what the meaning behind it is.