.19

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

For the last week Andrea had been drawing mock up sketches for her families mural. And every one she made ended up in a waste bin. The more she tried to capture the essence of this family it never satisfied her. She felt more and more defeated as time went on.

She would spend hours of her time trying to figure out what she wanted to paint, where she'd forget to eat and even sleep. Matteo would have to coax her to come to bed and Ugo would have to remind her that food was done. Many of the times she didn't realize how long she had been focused on her task that her days were becoming jumbled.

Before Andrea knew it, she was packing a bag and headed to a private plane. The amount of money this man had was insane. As she boarded the aircraft her nerves went haywire. She had never been on a plane before and all she could think about was crashing.

Matteo took the seat in front of her as he watched her frantically buckle herself up. He watched her in amusement, trying to conceal a chuckle as she was cursing under her breath because she couldn't get it latched.

Finally standing up, he takes the belt, tightening it around her and clicking it in place. He takes his seat, not even inching towards his seatbelt.

"Aren't you going to buckle up?" She asked, eyeing the contraption as her nerves continue to grow.

"I trust my pilot," he nonchalantly says.

"Well, I don't. Please put your seatbelt on." She pleads.

He sighs. "Will it make you feel better?"

She nods.

"If you insist," he takes the belt and clicks it in, effortlessly. "But it won't make a difference if we do crash. We'll still die."

Her face became suddenly pale and her stomach started to knot. She could feel herself wanting to hurl.

Panicking Matteo tried to lighten the mood, "but the plane has parachutes, so if we ever were falling at 42,000 feet to the ground we can jump out."

If he was trying to be soothing he was terrible at it but she was appreciative for him even trying.

"Mr. Salvatore," the pilot approaches. "We're ready to go."

Matteo nods his head, ready himself.

After only a minute later Andrea felt the plane moving. She gripped the arms of the chair, leaning her head back, closing her eyes and breathing in and out slowly.

It was a bumpy ascend and the more she jumbled around in her seat the more her stomach wanted to release its contents. Once the turbulence halted and they were slowly climbing up, the "unfasten your seatbelt" sign clicked on and she all but flung herself out of her seat and into the restroom.

After rinsing out her mouth, she walks back to her seat.

"Feel better?" He mockingly taunts.

Andrea glares at him.

A stewardess approaches, "need anything to drink or snack on?" She asks.

"I'd like a water," Andrea asks, buckling herself back in.

"And you sir?" She asks.

"A water as well."

Andrea's eyes widen. He wasn't going to get a scotch or bourbon? This is a first.

The stewardess comes back with their waters.

"Need anything else?"

"We're good," he dismisses her. The woman nods her head and retreats.