.17

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

Andrea woke up the following morning, swinging her feet over the edge and stretching. She looked over her shoulder and saw Matteo still sound asleep.

She quietly makes her way into the bathroom, taking a shower and getting dressed for the day. She thought that maybe having a civil conversation with him today that didn't result in either of them pointing a finger at the other, they can reach a consensus.

Andrea walks to the kitchen. She could smell what Ugo was cooking and it all but transported her to her seat. This man was the second greatest cook she has ever had. Her first being her mother of course.

"What's for breakfast today, Ugo?"

He serves her up a plate and slides it over.

"Calico pepper frittata."

She cuts into the food and plops it into her mouth. Her eyes roll to the back of her head and her toes curl.

She covers her mouth to speak, "this is amazing, Ugo. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Want anything to drink?"

"Can I have some orange juice?"

He nods, retrieving a glass and the orange juice pitcher, and serving her.

"Thank you," she takes the glass and takes a sip.

He smiles. "Is there anything else I can get you?"

"No, thank you," she smiles back.

He nods his head and leaves to who knows where. She always wondered where he'd go during the day when she wasn't eating.

Did he have his own quarters? She wondered.

After she finished eating, she rinsed her dishes and placed them in the dishwasher and sat out in the living room with her shoes, coat and purse on, patiently waiting for Matteo. She could just leave right now while she still has the chance but she wanted to be cordial and have an honest discussion and she wasn't going to back down.

And it was Sunday, she wasn't going to miss family dinner either.

She waited for a good hour before Matteo comes jogging down the stairs. She turns off the tv and waits for him to pop around the corner.

When he does, he stops in his tracks. His naked chest rises and falls in exasperation.

"You're still here," he states.

Andrea stands up and he takes more notice of what she's wearing.

"You're not leaving," he immediately says.

She calmly takes in a deep breath and takes a couple steps towards him.

"Yes, I am," and before he could say anything she continues. "I made an innocent mistake and it shouldn't be judged so harshly. I was at home where I belong. I wasn't out galavanting around the city. I was in bed by 6pm and set an alarm which I mistakenly ignored and fell back asleep. I have no reason to be out late anymore. So, I plan on leaving and I plan on being home by 9pm. That is what we agreed on. In the future I will make sure to set multiple alarms if I find myself wanting to take a nap. Do we have a deal?"

Andrea extends her hand out, waiting for him to place his hand in hers.

Matteo gave her a skeptical look, having a debate inside his head. He knew he didn't want her leaving but she was also right about finding her where she belonged and not somewhere she wasn't supposed to be. Trust was what they wanted but his stubbornness always got the better of him. But in order to establish trust they had to extend an olive branch to make that happen.