27.

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

Three days go by before Andrea was given the go ahead to invite her entire family. After countless amounts of tests were administered and nothing looked out of the ordinary, visitors were finally allowed.

The very first hug came from the little man himself: Franco.

All the kids did their best to cram on top of their aunt. Some of them were nearly pulled off as their parents were worried they would hurt her. But Andrea blocked out the pain and snuggled with the little ones.

Their laughter and wide smiles were the true healing medicine she needed. There was nothing more important than family. The only person missing was her father. Despite her rage towards him, he was still a part of the family. But she could never forgive him. It would be awhile before she'd ever consider forgiving him. She just hoped this time he will reflect upon his actions and realize that he made a big mistake and will do everything he can to make up for it. Until then, she continue on with her life. She's almost a mother now, it was time to start focusing on it.

"Andrea," her sister calls from the left side of the bed.

She looks over to her sister. Laura looked guilt stricken. And she couldn't understand why.

"What's wrong?" They talk in whisper.

"Do you remember when we had family dinner and Matteo showed up?" Andrea nods. "And how I was drunk off my ass and called him out for forcing you into a loveless marriage?"

Andrea nods again, not sure where this was going.

"And how you tried to approach me about it a couple of days later and I didn't want to talk about it?" Her sisters voice wavers.

"Laura," Andrea places her hand on her sisters. "What's going on? Why are you bringing this up now?"

Laura's head casts down. She grips Andrea's hand.

"I'm sorry I pushed you away. I was embarrassed," she confesses. "I was only trying to protect you. I didn't mean to slam the door in your face. And I didn't mean to ignore you all this time. I just," she pauses. "I just want you to know that I'm sorry and I love you."

Andrea had put that situation behind her. She knew how prideful her sister was. She's exactly like their father. But hearing her apologize was the only thing she wanted from her. This is something her father could never do.

"I love you too," Andrea smiles, squeezing her hand.

Laura smiled weakly. She wipes at her eyes and conceals a sniffle as she tries to get back into the spirit.

"Zia Andrea," Franco climbs onto the bed with his security blanket. "Il bambino sta bene?" Is baby okay?

Andrea nods her head. "Sì, il bambino sta bene." Yes, the baby is okay. "Il bambino si sta muovendo in questo momento, vuoi sentire?" The baby's moving right now, want to feel?

Franco excitedly nods. He moves up closer. Andrea takes his hand and places it below her belly button. The baby was being stubborn of course but Franco waited patiently. After a few seconds, he feels the flutter. They were small but his excitement grew. His eyes widen and his smile grew.

Matteo admired from afar. He watched in amusement and pride.

"Zia Andrea," he whispers, creeping up to her ear. "Come si chiama ancora?" What's his name again? He points to Matteo.

"Il suo nome è Matteo." His name is Matteo.

Jumping off the bed, nearly giving everyone a heart attack he runs up to Matteo.