31.

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

3 weeks later...

The warm summer air whips through the street, kids running and laughing in the distance. The smell of freshly cut flowers and pastries swift through the air. People gathered all around, lining up and down the street in swarms.

This was a special day for everyone.

In front of a newly renovated restaurant stood the Capaldi family, and with a new addition to the family Matteo and their unborn child standing behind a red ribbon.

"Should I be in this picture?" Matteo asks.

Andrea smiles. "Of course. You're family now."

"Hello everyone!" Her father shouts with pride.

Everyone quiets down.

"Thank you all for being here. This has been a long time coming," he began. "I know a lot of us old timers have seen this restaurant standing for decades and when it fell, it felt like a piece of this town lost its identity."

Everyone nodded, cheered and whistled.

"But we're back and bigger than ever!" He shouts with pride.

The crowd cheers even louder.

"But I couldn't have done it without my daughter, Andrea and her husband Matteo," the shoutout shocks them both. "I am grateful for their help and contribution."

There was a surprising round of applause that no one expected, especially Matteo. Given his reputation, they were shocked to see everyone rejoiced.

"I now welcome everyone to the grand new opening of The Capaldi's Family restaurant!" He takes a pair of scissors and cuts the ribbon. Cameras start flashing and everyone pours in.

He announces one more thing.

"Before we head in," he pauses for dramatic effect. "We have another unveiling," he looks over to Andrea. "My daughter has her own surprise inside that not even us have seen. I just know she'll make us proud."

Andrea's eyes begin to water as an overwhelming amount of love swells in her heart. She leans her head into Matteo's chest, he pulls her in tightly as she lets him comfort her.

"Come on!" Patrizio beckons everyone. "Let's go!"

They all trickled in, following Patrizio to the right side of the restaurant where a large drape covered a wall.

On their way in, everyone couldn't help but marvel at the sheer beauty of the restaurant. It looked nothing like it did before. And they could only imagine what else they had to surprise them with.

Andrea stands at one end of the drape while Edmundo took the other side. With excitement and anticipation, they count down to 3.

"1...2...3!" They pull the drape down.

And in its place was everyone she loved standing together. The detail was astonishing. Every nook and cranny could be seen. It was almost like she took a picture and planted it on the wall. It was absolutely breathtaking.

Patrizio, Luciana, Edmundo, Gia, Georgio, Margherita, Laura, Tristano (her husband), Leone, Isabella, Andrea, Matteo and all 10 kids including 1 more.

The family was silent. They stared at what they thought was the most beautifulest mural they had ever seen. The attention to detail was astonishing. All of them felt a tremendous amount of love and pride. They patted and swiped away at fallen tears.

She captured the family in one snapshot. It represented all the love their family had to offer. There was nothing stronger than love.

Her family captures her into a hug, never letting go.