~Becoming: Part 1~

The sun had just risen over Arcadia Oaks as a new day began. Very few people were awake as the radio stations began their normal monologues about the weather and top news stories. But as commuters passed over the bridge, some watching the sunrise on the horizon, a flock of birds flew into the sky after being startled by a battle beneath the bridge.

"Yield, Kanjigar!"

"A Trollhunter never yields. I'd rather die!"

"Terms accepted," the bull-like troll shouted.

He charged his counterpart, the Trollhunter's sword colliding with his forearms, sending sparks flying. But after a swift punch to the chest from Kanjigar, he was sent flying to the edge of the bridge's shadow.

"Your turn Bular, yield," Kanjigar said just as the first rays of the sun peeked over the bridge.

Kanjigar gasped in pain as his skin began to turn to stone and Bular took this moment of weakness to kick Kanjigar backward. He lost grip of his sword, which fell directly into a patch of sunlight as Bular walked towards him. Kanjigar glared at Bular, reaching into the sun and grabbing his blade before standing to face his opponent.

"There is nowhere left for you to run, Trollhunter. Give me the amulet!" Bular shouted as he advanced towards the Trollhunter.

Kanjigar eyed his surroundings before using the shadows to run up to the bridge, Bular roaring and chasing after him until they were both on the shaded bridge where the attack could resume. Both fought with what little energy they had left until Bular kicked Kanjigar to the edge, holding his head down in the sunlight and laughing as the Trollhunter yelled in pain.

"It all ends here," Bular said, raising his hand and thrusting down to grab the amulet.

But, Kanjigar gripped Bular's arm, yanking it into the sun and burning it badly. Bular roared, lurching backward as Kanjigar shakily stood, leaning against one of the bridge's support pillars.

"It's me or the sun. Either way, you're doomed."

"No. The amulet will find a champion. We will stop you and your master. I may end, but the fight will not."

Kanjigar then crossed his arms over his chest, falling backward into the sun and turning to stone, his body shattering when it hit the canal floor.

"NO!" Bular shouted, punching the bridge's support pillar in anger before vanishing from the canal.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sadie yawned as she sat up in her bed. She looked at her clock and shouted, "Aye-yai-yai!" before throwing the covers off her and getting out of her bed.

She quickly brushed out her hair and let it fall just past her shoulders before loosely tying it up. Then, she pulled on a purple sweater and blue jeans before grabbing socks and running downstairs.

"There you are! We're going to be late," her brother Toby said, Sadie rolling her eyes as she yanked on her shoes.

Finally, she and Toby grabbed their bags, helmets, and bikes before walking across the street to meet up with Jim. He, however, was cleaning up trash off their driveway.

"We're late for school, Jimbo," Toby said as he put his helmet on.

"Sorry Tobes, busyyy with the lunches. One for me, one for mom, and..." Jim held out a lunch to both of them, Sadie smiling as she took it.

"Ah! Balsamic mushrooms, meatloaf, chunky, sun-dried tomatoes,-"

"Cardamom," Jim said, walking past Toby with his bike.