~It's About Time~

Sadie hated Jim's plan, something she had made abundantly clear to him before he finally handed her his amulet and got off the gyre. But since he and Blinky had decided this was the best way to trick Gatto, everyone had to agree with him going alone and giving them a signal.

"Why hasn't he given the signal yet?" Sadie grumbled, tapping her pointer finger on the sheath of her sword impatiently.

"Maybe he's still telling Gatto his riddle!"

"Ugh! I don't like waiting!" Sadie said, Claire rolling her eyes as she said, "He'll shout the code any second-"

"NOW!"

"Let's go, let's go!" Toby said, Sadie leaping up and running over to Claire just as Jim shouted again, "I said... NOW!"

The five of them jumped through the portal, landing next to Jim as Sadie threw his amulet to him.

"For the glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command!"

"A trick?" Gatto bellowed angrily.

Toby quickly ran towards the mountain and wedged his hammer to keep Gatto's mouth open, Arrrgh throwing a guard off the platform as Toby waved everyone over, shouting, "Come on! Come on!"

So, they all jumped into his mouth, sliding down his throat and landing in the stomach. Sadie grimaced at the disgusting smell coming from the lava as she and Jim held their swords towards the entrance, waiting for Gatto's guards to appear.

"I miss the simpler days of hunting Gnomes," Toby whined.

Right as he spoke, two guards landed in front of Sadie and Jim, the said boy backing up to avoid being crushed while Sadie shouted, "Hurry, keep looking!"

The two of them were doing their best to fight off the guards, but Jim was thrown in a nearby pile, a chest landing in his lap and popping open to reveal the Kairosect.

"Ha-ha! The Kairosect! Good work my chum!" Blinky announced.

Jim was helped up by Arrrgh, running back over to help Sadie while Blinky turned to Toby and shouted, "Tobias, let's evacuate! Ha-ha! Ah, poor choice of words.

"Hey! Over here!" Toby shouted, everyone stopping their fighting to look at Toby as he held up a burrito that Stuart had made him earlier that morning, "That's right boys your big boss didn't like those tacos last time, well this is worse. The Mega Trinidad Scorpion Burrito with spicy sour cream and pastrami If I were you, I'd want to skedaddle!"

Toby spun, throwing the taco through the air. Sadie could immediately see that Claire, Blinky, and Arrrgh were worried that Toby had overshot the lava, but it landed inside the pool with a splash. The guards immediately fled, leaving the Trollhunters behind while Arrrgh began to grab everyone.

"Fire in the hole!" Jim yelled to everyone.

The group was able to make another hasty escape from Gatto's Keep and Blinky gave the Kairosect to Claire, who held it tightly as they raced back to the Gyre.

"Ha! Looks like it's nacho Kairosect either. See you suckers!" Toby taunted.

"Well, that was almost a clean getaway," Jim said, Sadie snickering when she heard Gatto shout, "Curse you, Trollhunter!"

They got in the Gyre, Blinky starting it up before starting the journey back to Trollmarket that took only 5 minutes. Sadie was used to the speed by now, so she no longer felt queasy when they came to sudden stops at the Gyre stations. So when they did come to a stop, the teens filed off the Gyre and the group went to the library to look at the Kairosect and hopefully decipher the runes' meanings.