~Adventures in Trollsitting~

The brand-new red vespa sparkled in the sun as it spun slowly in the display window. Jim and Toby practically had their faces pressed against the glass, and they'd stayed that way for nearly an hour while Sadie stood nearby.

"Check that baby out," Toby said, Jim sighing he continued to admire it.

"Vespa 300 GTS Super. Single-cylinder catalyzed four-stroke Quasar engine. Can you imagine me going down the road on that? Wind whipping through my hair, a girl holding tight to my back-" Jim said, Toby interrupting as he said, "-And me, cruising in the sidecar next to ya."

Jim sent him a playful glare and Sadie snickered, Toby sending a sheepish smile.

"Oh. You imagined you and the girl alone, didn't you?" Toby asked, Sadie smirking as she said, "Toby, we are not going to third and fourth wheel Jim and his imaginary girlfriend."

This time, Jim was sending Sadie a glare while an embarrassed blush glowed on his cheeks.

"Ok, first, ouch. But second, what are the chances of your mom getting you one for your birthday?" Toby asked Jim.

"Only slightly worse than me winning the lottery and buying it myself."

"How much do you have saved up? I know you've been trying to save for it for a long time," Sadie said, Jim scoffing as he said, "Only 328 bucks and 32 cents. By the time I have enough, these things will drive themselves."

But, something caught Jim's eye and he gasped, pointing at the glass of the shop window as he asked, "Do you see that?"

Sadie and Toby turned to look at the window and when they did, Jim suddenly shouted, "Goblin!" before taking off down the road.

"What?" Sadie asked, the two of them beginning to chase him as Jim replied, "It's a goblin, with a baby!"

"Come on, Jim! It's just a bird!" Toby shouted.

When Jim and Sadie turned down an alleyway, Sadie could've sworn she'd heard a goblin's laugh as Jim walked towards a stuffed bunny that was laying on the ground. Jim bent down, carefully picking it up just as Toby rounded the corner.

"Chill out, man! This trollhunting is making you hallucinate! I mean, what would a goblin want with a baby?" Toby asked, out of breath.

"I don't know, but I'm gonna find out," he said, determined as the three of them left the alley to go to Trollmarket for Jim's training.

The group went to the Hero's Forge right away, Blinky tying a rope to Jim's waist before he activated his armor. Then, they lowered him down the side of the bridge to a rockwall-esque training course. Once on a ledge, Blinky started the course and Jim began to climb.

"Let me get this straight... They steal babies... so they can replace them... with changelings?" Jim asked, dodging fire as it shot out of the wall.

Sadie was normally very confident in Jim's trollhunting abilities. He'd become stronger and faster in the short time he'd been wielding the amulet, especially with Draal's extra training that helped him become more agile. But that didn't stop her from feeling anxious as he just barely dodged the flames. To a troll, they wouldn't hurt, but one wrong move would result in Jim being roasted alive.

"Precisely, Master Jim," Blinky replied, Toby saying, "Uh, allegedly steal. I just saw a bird." while Sadie nudged him.

"And, in order for a changeling to maintain its appearance in our world, no harm must come to the human child in theirs. I assure you, there is no safer place for a baby to be than the bowels of the Darklands nursery."

"Well, that's good to know!" Jim shouted, dodging another blast of fire.

"Whoa! Hold on, there. Okay, suppose they did take the baby to the Darklands," Toby said, tossing another VHS tape into Arrrgh's mouth, "Isn't that where Gunmar is trying to escape from?"