~Blinky's Day Out~

Sadie's fourth period class was canceled, so once lunch began, she decided to go home and take her sword to Trollmarket to see if Vendel knew anything about it and where it came from. Jim had also told the twins he was going to be skipping a lot of the school day to speak with the council in Trollmarket, so she decided to stop at the Taco Truck and get them both lunch.

"If it isn't the sister of my favorite customer! You here for the usual?" Stuart asked, Sadie shaking her head as she said, "Just a classic burrito and 2 everything tacos please!"

"You got it!" he said, Sadie going on her phone when a voice said, "If it isn't the girl who almost ran me over with her bike."

She looked up to see the guy from the store, his cat sitting on his shoulder.

"I didn't mean to," she said, smiling as he said, "Oh I know, but since I don't have a name, I'll have to be calling you that."

"I'm Sadie Domzalski."

He took her extended hand, shaking it as he said, "Douxie Casperan"

"Here you are, Miss Domzalski! Two Everything Tacos and one Classic Burrito!" Stuart said, handing her the bag as she turned to Douxie and said, "I guess I'll see you around, Douxie."

"See you around," he said.

The girl tucked her food in her bag and was so distracted that she didn't notice the suspicious look on Douxie's face when he caught sight of her sword handle. Sadie got on her bike, heading to the bridge and entering Trollmarket. She hadn't texted anyone that she was coming to Trollmarket, so she had to hope that Jim was in the Hero's Forge. When she got there, he was, and she walked over to where he was practicing against a few of the machines.

"Hey Jim!" she said, Jim looking over and immediately getting hit in the chest by an orb from the machine.

Sadie dropped her bags, running over and helping him up before he sliced through an orb that was about to hit her. Then, he deactivated the forge and turned to her with a smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, Ms. Janeth was out for a doctor's appointment today and instead of getting a sub, she decided to cancel class. So I figured I'd get you some lunch!"

She passed him the Everything Tacos and he opened the bag before saying, "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" as he deactivated his armor and sat down next to her.

She blushed and shrugged, unwrapping her food while Jim did the same.

"I don't have any cash on me, but maybe I can bring some to school tomorrow?" Jim asked, wolfing down his first taco.

"Well there is one way you can pay me back for the tacos," she said, Jim looking over to her as she set down her burrito, "I want you to teach me to fight."

Jim suddenly began to cough, hitting his chest as she rubbed his back, the boy looking at her before saying, "Sadie, you just got that sword. We have no idea what it does or if there's anything we should know about it! Until we do, I can't train you with it."

Sadie sighed, eating her burrito when the Soothscryer came out of the ground with a glowing blue light. Jim groaned in annoyance, finishing his taco before walking over and sticking his arm in, vanishing from sight. She stood up, grabbing their trash and leaving the Hero's Forge to find Blinky in the library or, hopefully, Vendel in the Heartstone. Unfortunately for her, Blinky wasn't in the library, so she had to make the trek to the Heartstone to attempt to find Vendel there.

"Vendel? Are you in here?" she asked, her words reverberating off the crystal walls.

He rounded the corner, frown on his face and an open book in his hand as he asked, "Can't a troll get any peace and quiet around here?"