~Mudslinging~

"Give me an A!"

"A!"

"Give me an R!"

"R!"

"Give me a C!"

"C!"

Sadie was bored out of her mind as she sat at an assembly with Jim and Toby. The school was trying to do a chant that would spell out Arcadia, but Coach Lawrence was getting impatient because it was taking too long to spell it out.

"This is taking way too long... Give me an "adia"!" he shouted, a few people saying it while a general wave of confusion swept over the crowd.

"What's that spell?" he asked, no reply coming from the students as he sighed and shouted, "Arcadia!"

The school's mole mascot jumped in front of the Coach and the students cheered for it before Coach Lawrence pushed the mole out of the way, nearly knocking the microphone stand down. Sadie giggled at this, Jim gently nudging her to be silent before going back to his conversation with Toby.

"Before we begin, I have a few announcements..."

Instead of listening to the announcements, Sadie joined in on Jim and Toby's conversation, noticing that Toby wasn't even looking at Jim as the boy talked but rather at the dancing purple mole that was near Coach Lawrence.

"And his eyes are glowing. And then, the dream just keeps reminding me that I'm completely way out of my league. Right? Tobes," Jim said impatiently.

"Who is that masked mole? You ever wonder?" Toby asked.

"You didn't hear a word he said just then, did you?" Sadie asked, Toby saying, "Sure, I did. Jim had no problems sneaking into the Darklands when it was to save Claire's brother, but now that Kanjigar says he's got to face Gunmar, he's having nightmares about him and is freaking out that he's way out of his league. I can multitask, guys."

Jim smiled, shaking his head at Toby before looking at the mole, saying, "It's Bill Aronstein."

"Bill moved to Wisconsin. This is someone else's artistry. Someone with feminine wiles," Toby said, Jim asking, "What? What feminine wiles? How do you even know that it's a girl under there?"

"Uh, trust me, dude. I know women, and that is all woman under there," he said.

Sadie rolled her eyes, watching as the mole danced its way right into Coach Lawrence.

"Hey! All right, mole, that's enough! Go back into your burrow or whatever!" he said, pushing the mole aside and causing it to walk away sadly.

"Okay. Principal Levit has taken ill with the flu. He's asked me to handle announcing the students the faculty nominated for the year-end Spring Fling King and Queen!" he said, flipping the page on his clipboard as Sadie turned her attention to where Claire, Mary, and Darci were sitting.

"The nominees are Shannon Longhannon! I'll pronounce it soon, Shannon. Darci Scott! And the third and final nominee is... Mary Wang!" he announced.

Sadie watched as Claire's face morphed into shock before becoming forced happiness, Sadie laughing when she heard Mary shout, "Wait, it's me and not you?! Yes!"

"And now, for the boys: Steve Palchuck!"

People in the gym cheered for Steve as he stood up dramatically, saying, "That's right, plebes! Obvious!" while Jim groaned and rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"I know, yeah. Get over here, Steve. Eli Pepperjack!"

The students began to boo so Coach had to quickly shout, "Hey, no booing!" while Eli shouted, "I have friends!"