~Party Monster~

With the new knowledge of Angor Rot's request, the four teens had decided to meet up at Claire's house on Friday night to come up with a plan to steal the Inferna Copula. Toby had made popcorn, munching on it while Sadie laid on the floor, her head in Jim's lap while Claire sat on her window seat next to Toby.

"Okay... We wait until he's asleep," Jim started, Claire adding, "I use my shadow staff to get us in." before Jim finished, saying, "And I ever so gently remove the ring from his finger."

"Hold up there, Mr. Storyteller. Do changelings even sleep?" Toby suddenly asked.

Jim sighed, muttering, "Good point, Tobes. New plan." while scribbling out the plan and starting to write again.

"We spike his coffee with extra strength cold medicine."

"I use the shadow staff," Claire said, Toby saying, "And I bring my Warhammer in case that doesn't knock him out."

"And I ever so gently-"

"Wait. What if he's not alone? His office was guarded last time," Sadie said, Jim humming as he scribbled the plan again.

"Okay, fine. We spike the coffee."

"Shadow staff," Claire said, bored as Toby added, "I use my Warhammer to take out his goons."

"Then I ever so gently remove the ring," Jim finished.

"But what if it doesn't come off?" Toby interrupted, Jim exasperated as he asked, "Why would it not come off?!"

"I don't know. Maybe it's glued on, or he added a few pounds!"

"Why would it be glued on, you dingus?" Sadie snapped, Toby defensively exclaiming, "You said be ready for every precaution!" while Claire declared to the group, "He's waking up."

"How is he waking up? This isn't even really happening!"

"Cut off his hand!" Claire suddenly shouted, Jim yelping, "What?!"

"Use the sword. Hurry! Do it!" she said, Jim giving her a look as he said, "No, I'm not gonna cut-"

"Do it! Do it! Before it's too late!"

But before Jim could write it down, Sadie shouted, "Stop! Stop! Stop! If you chop his hand off, you chop your mom's hand off too, remember?"

"Oh, I forgot. Angor Rot's binding spell. We are not ready, there's too much risk," Jim mumbled as he held his face in his hands, clearly looking defeated.

"But Angor Rot said if you don't get the ring, he's coming back for you," Claire said, Sadie shooting her a pointed look for her to shut up while Toby tried to reassure him, saying, "Hey, we'll figure this out, Jimbo. It's not like we don't have a secret Trollmarket right under our feet filled with crazy magic."

Sadie laughed, saying, "Toby, not everything in Trollmarket is magical. There's an entire shop dedicated to selling old TVs."

"Yeah, but Vendel probably has some magic somewhere!"

"Ok, so we're scrapping the plan?" Claire asked, Jim nodding and crumpling it up as he threw it towards the trash can.

With that, Claire got up, starting to pick up Toby's popcorn from the floor while Sadie looked up at Jim from her spot in his lap. He looked frustrated, though she couldn't blame him, so she brought her hand towards his face and tapped his nose a few times to get his attention.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"You zoned out Jim. We'll find a solution," she said, sitting up and stretching her arms.

So the four of them walked downstairs and just before Jim and Toby left, Jim turned to the two of them.

"You sure you don't wanna come?"