~Becoming: Part 2~

After watching Jim freak out for a day and a half over his inability to tell Toby, Sadie went with her Nana and successfully drove to the dentist to pick him up.

"Are you hungry for dinner, Toby-Pie?" Nana asked.

"Actually, Nana, Jim invited us over!"

"Oh, well be a dear and tell him I said hello!"

Sadie smiled, nodding as she pulled into the driveway and parked the car. They walked across the street to Jim's house and the second they knocked he threw the door open and pulled them inside.

"Eight hours! I can't believe it takes eight hours!" Jim shouted, exasperated as he paced in the kitchen.

"Two molars, plus insertions, and some cleanup."

"Okay, Tobes. You are never going to believe this."

"My mouth still feels sore," Toby said, going into the fridge and pulling out a frozen pizza.

"Check this out!"

Jim pulled out the amulet, holding it up in front of Toby. Toby, however, was distracted as he held a pizza slice to his face.

"Do you have any aspirin?"

"Tobes, pay attention."

"For the Glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to-"

A sharp beep suddenly sounded as the microwave finished nuking Toby's pizza slice, Sadie turning her head to see the boy sheepishly smiling.

"Go on," Toby said, taking a bite of the pizza.

"It worked last night."

"Are you punking me right now?" Toby asked, Sadie saying, "No, it really worked!"

"How would you know-"

"Okay, wait, wait, wait, wait," Jim said, closing his eyes.

The amulet began to glow brightly, the small silver hand ticking to the side as both it and Jim began to glow. The armor appeared as everything around them started to float in the air.

"Holy champignon!" Toby said, not noticing as his pizza floated away.

The armor finally attached itself to Jim, who laughed happily.

"Oh-ho-ho-ho! How cool is that?"

"What? Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! So cool, so cool, so cool! Dude, you know what this means, right? You have a sacred responsibility here."

"That's what they said!"

"Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my- You have to use these new powers for the benefit of all mankind. You have to use this to kick Steve's butt," Toby said, grinning darkly up at Jim.

Sadie glared and said, "Really? He shows you a glowing sword and a suit of armor that can only be magic, and that's how you respond?"

"Seriously! It's butt-kicking time! These pants are so elastic. Wait also, who's "they"?"

"Well, that's the part that I've been freaking out over!" Jim said, a knock coming on the door.

Sadie turned, squeaking in surprise at the 6-eyed stone creature that stood in the doorway before jumping behind Jim and gripping his shoulders as she peeked around him. Toby was not as graceful and immediately armed himself with a wooden spoon.

"Wh- What- what the heck is that?! Don't open the door!"

"Aha! Master Jim!" the 6-eyed troll said, opening the door and walking in while Toby shouted, "AH! I'm calling 911! No, Animal Control. Oh, gosh. Oh, gosh. Oh, gosh. They talk!"