~The Battle of Two Bridges~

Sadie was rushing around backstage at the school, trying to prepare for the play when her phone began to ring. So she pulled it out, answering immediately when she noticed it was Toby's caller ID.

"Is everything alright, Toby?" she asked, Toby saying, "Oh, everything's fine! We just need your opinion on something. Play the message, Jimbo!"

"Jim, you're awake?! How are you feeling?" she asked worriedly.

"I'm alright, just a little sore," he said, Sadie sighing in relief before saying, "Alright, let's hear this message."

"Master Jim, You must listen to me very carefully. They've captured me and want you to come to the Bridge... alone... DON'T COME IT'S A TRAP- Give me that! It appears things have grown awkward, Mr. Lake. Meet me in the alley beside the theater if you ever want to see your friend again. Don't open the Bridge! Under no circumstan-"

The line cut off and the voices of Strickler and Blinky went silent, followed by Jim sighing as he said, "I've listened to it a hundred times now, and I still don't know what to do."

"You don't have to do this alone," Sadie said, Toby saying, "Yeah, you've got Arrrgh, Draal, me, Sadie."

"They said I had to be alone. If I'm not, what do you think they'll do to Blinky?"

"Blinky made it clear. Under no circumstances," Sadie said, Jim saying, "Enough friends have gotten hurt because of me. No more."

"Well, it's your call. You're the Trollhunter," Toby said sadly, Sadie hearing him pull something out, "Here. Sadie picked it up in the woods before they dragged you away. I thought since we found it together, we'd always be in this together."

"Sadie! Where are you, I need your help!" Claire shouted, Sadie sighing as she said, "I have to get going. And Jim?"

"Yeah?"

"Whatever you decide, Toby's right. You're not alone in this, so please don't do anything stupid," she said, practically feeling Jim's smile as he said, "Like I always say, you're the boss."

She smiled sadly, muttering, "Damn right. Be safe..."

The line then went dead as Toby hung up the phone, Sadie tucking it into her back pocket as she went to find Claire in the dressing room.

"Can you help me tie the sash?" she asked, Sadie nodding as she began to tie a fancy knot in the back so that it looked like a never-ending belt.

"You remember when we had to rehearse the kissing scene and I skipped school?"

"How could I forget? That day got me homemade lunches from Jim for a week!" Sadie said, Claire smiling as she said, "Yeah... but I had wanted you to kiss him so that I wasn't his first kiss."

"Claire, it's a play! And like I keep telling you, he is my friend!"

"And right now, it only sounds like you're trying to convince yourself," she said, putting a hand on her friend's shoulder while smiling.

Sadie sighed, continuing to style Claire's hair and do the girl's make-up. It was during this that she realized Claire was right. She only sounded like she was trying to convince herself, and every time she thought about the stage kiss, she could feel her chest tighten with jealousy.

He's just a friend, she thought, Claire suddenly yelping as Sadie pulled on her hair tightly.

"Sorry," she muttered.

It took nearly an hour to finish getting Claire ready, even having to fix one of the sleeves after it ripped when Claire was reaching for something, but Jim still hadn't arrived. And, almost as if she knew, Ms. Janeth picked that exact moment to knock on the door to see if everyone was almost ready. In a panic, Claire grabbed her phone and called Jim, the boy answering right away.