~Recipe for Disaster~

"War is constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls the chaos, both his own and his enemy's. Napoleon's words show an unquenchable need for conquest. A man who could not be stopped," Strickler said, switching the slide to show Napoleon's battle plans, "So, what was the French general's downfall? Did he stare down the barrel of a cannon?"

Sadie was apparently the only person paying attention to the lecture, everyone else trying to stay awake. He noticed this, and sighed.

"Did he die from the deafening silence of a classroom?" Strickler asked, everyone laughing.

Toby and Jim glared at Strickler, Sadie rolling her eyes at his horrible joke while Jim grumbled, "Look at that. He's got the whole class eating out of his hand!"

"His creepy troll hand," Toby said.

Jim grumbled, "I trusted him. He betrayed me. And worst of all, he hit on my mother. I should end him now!" while punching his desk.

"Or you can ask him to divulge the whereabouts of the bridge that could release unspeakable evil?" Sadie said sarcastically, glaring at him.

"Do you think Strickler knows you're the Trollhunter?" Toby asked, Jim replying, "Bular called me 'Young Atlas.' Only Strickler calls me that. Of course he knows. But he doesn't know we're onto him." while smirking.

"Malaria. The world's most powerful army felled by the bite of an insignificant insect," Strickler said, Sadie frowning as he sent a smirk in Jim's direction.

But, before she could dwell on the look he gave Jim, the bell rang and everyone began to pack up their bags as Strickler closed the cap on his pen.

"One last lesson. Who can tell me where Napoleon kept his armies?" Strickler asked, pausing before saying, "In his sleevies!"

But while the 3 of them were packing up their bags, Strickler walked over to them and leaned against the desk across from Jim, saying, "Young Atlas, if I could have a brief word before you leave. Alone, please."

"Not until after he divulges where the bridge is," Sadie whispered, Toby nodding.

Toby raced away from them, Sadie walking over to Claire and Darci, who smiled at Sadie and said, "Looks like someone has eyes for Jim."

"I do not. How many times do I have to tell you we're just friends?"

"Until you're able to convince us that you don't like him. Right C-Bomb?" she asked, Claire looking at them as she asked, "Remember that letter I was telling you about?"

"The one where he was fighting all of those inner monsters? You don't think he's crazy, do you?" Darci asked nervously.

"I don't know, but I'm gonna find out," Claire said, Sadie rolling her eyes as she said, "He's not crazy, guys. He's under a lot of pressure."

"Well we wouldn't say that if you told us anything!" Darci said teasingly.

Sadie laughed half-heartedly, the girls walking into the hallway where Toby waved her over. So she said a quick goodbye to her friends and walked over to Toby so that they could wait for Jim. When he eventually exited the classroom, he was frowning and the 3 of them went to the locker rooms, Jim checking around the room before sneaking Sadie inside.

"So, what happened?" Toby asked, sitting on a bench while Jim sighed and he said, "Strickler's coming over for dinner today."

"He's coming over for dinner?!" Toby asked, falling off the bench.

"I know. I thought it was a bad idea at first, but think about it. This could work in our favor," he said, Sadie saying, "How?" while helping Toby sit up.