3

Part 3
of
       Happier Than Ever

Part 3     of       Happier Than Ever

☽✳︎

WINNIE WALKED INTO the bar alone, but confident. She had already lost the two boys she had come in with. One having the excuse that he was working that night while the other had already scouted a few girls that he was interested in.

Winnie's eyes trailed the people along the room, hoping to find someone that had caught her interest. However, she knew she was picky with her taste. Not necessarily basing it off of the looks of others, but more so their personality and humor.

The blonde made her way through the room, sitting down at the almost empty bar. She decided it would be more interesting to watch Nick awkwardly talk to pretty girls than to find herself a rebound.

However, with a simple tap on the shoulder, Winnie turned away from the entertainment and towards the disruption, immediately feeling her smile leave her face.

"Derek?" She almost yelped, looking towards the man she felt so much anger for.

"Funny to find you here," Derek, her ex fiancé spoke, bringing his hand up to her hair. He softly pushed a few fallen strands behind her ear, making her immensely uncomfortable.

"I actually don't find the humor in it at all" She responded, turning her body away from the man.

Derek huffed out a laugh, stopping her from turning fully away. Winnie felt disgusting as he placed his hand on her upper thigh, gliding his thumb against her skin.

"I don't find your hand placement to be necessarily appropriate" She spoke harshly, glancing towards Nick who still seemed to be occupied.

"You never minded it before" Derek grinned, watching the girl uncomfortably avoid his eyes.

"Well, I do now" She reminded him, pulling his firm grasp away from her leg, "I'm sure my sister wouldn't appreciate this either. Or, wait, have you already cheated on her too?" Winnie tisked, hoping that Nick would look in her direction soon.

"Oh, come on, you know I didn't mean it" He joked, sitting in the open seat next to her.

"I do believe the alcoholic drinks encouraged your behavior," Winnie mentally rolled her eyes, she'd hoped she wouldn't have to keep up this conversation must longer. "Plus, I've moved on" She randomly added in, slapping her forehead as soon as the words left her lips.

"It's been what, a week?" Derek spoke, clearly not believing her words. "It took you a year to get over your previous boyfriend, I could hardly imagine you'd do it in a week."

"Well-"

"What can I say, I'm a charmer." A new voice sounded, causing both Winnie and Derek to look over.

Winnie immediately found herself relaxed as she met Nick's eyes. He stood in front of the two with a shot glass in his hand and a hand towel draped over his shoulder.

"They call me Nick the charmer."

"Haha" Winnie awkwardly says, looking between the two, "He's just kidding about that."

"I'm really not."

☽✳︎

|Introducing Cast|

Eddie Redmayne
as
Derek Summers

"Oh, come on, you know I didn't mean it"

AND

Hayden Panettiere
as
Isabel Conners

Hayden Panettiere     as       Isabel Conners

"Sorry"

☽✳︎

Part 3
of
       Happier Than Ever