16

Part 16
of
Happier Than Ever

Part 16      of        Happier Than Ever

☽✳︎

      WINNIE STEPPED OUT OF THE SHOWER with a towel firmly wrapped around her chest. Despite how awkward that night was with the landlord, she was happy that he had come and fixed everything. She wasn't sure how much longer she could shower with ice cold water and awful pressure.

Winnie made her way to the sink and mirror, grabbing her toothbrush and began to get ready, not hearing Nick enter the bathroom as she was. She had only realized once she spit out the remains of the toothpaste and made eye contact with him through the mirror.

"Shit" She huffed out, slightly jumping at his unexpected appearance, "Did I really not lock the door?"

"Well" He started, looking at the doorknob, "That would be pretty hard to do considering we don't have a lock."

"Right," She laughed, "I could use some of that duct tape right now," she joked, placing her toothbrush back into the cup.

Instead of responding, Nick continued to awkwardly stand there, staring at Winnie.

"Yes?"

"Winnie." He started, before immediately pausing again.

"... Yes?" She repeated, arching her brow.

She watched as the man had an internal battle with himself before speaking,
"Uhka... dirty J... Doctor derma-toilet-sister, if so.. food?"

Winnie blankly stared at him, feeling her brain try to work out what he had just said to her,
"You want to get food later?"

Nick responded with two thumbs up and a crooked smile, causing Winnie to laugh at the situation.

"As a date?"

He nodded again, his smile growing the tiniest bit.

"Okay!" She agreed easily, noticing his shoulders relax, "Question though," She spoke, heading to the bathroom door,

"What happened to Nick the charmer?"

☽✳︎

          A COMPLETELY DRUNK WINNIE and Nick continued to laugh and tell stories as they enjoyed their date

A COMPLETELY DRUNK WINNIE and Nick continued to laugh and tell stories as they enjoyed their date. Instead of going to a nice restaurant like Nick had previously planned, the two decided it would be best to have their first date at a Karaoke bar, completely drunk.

"Wait wait, I have a question," Winnie slurred, hearing a giggle escape her lips, "Why do you do that thing with your hands when you make a drink?"

Nick had popped a fry in his mouth, looking at her with a daze, "What thing?"

"You know, that thing" Winnie continued to laugh, trying to reenact his bottle flipping with the beers that they had ordered, "It's like the things they do in the movies.. where they... and then they flip it!"

Nick amusedly watched the girl and her actions, feeling his chest grow tight at the concentrated look on her face. He didn't know if it was just him or the alcohol taking over his thoughts and feelings,

but he loved it.

"I do not do that," Nick dramatically called out, snatching his beer away from the girl before she could break anything.

"You do, you do!" She corrected him, continuing to drunkenly spin her bottle before dropping it to the floor.

"Oops, so sorry" She whispered, noticing a glare from the bartender. Winnie turned back to Nick, "You're a total poser." She whispered.

"I am not a poser!" He laughed out, watching her clean up the mess she had made, "However, you are a mess."

"Hah!" She grinned, bopping him on the nose. "Takes one to know one," she countered back. "This sir, is sober drunk."

Nick rolled his eyes at her made up term.

"No," he laughed," you are actually drunk, drunk."

Winnie scoffed, "I am not a lightweight!"

"You sang Pocket Full of Sunshine on the bar after one shot" He reminded her, making her giggle at the memories.

"You only sang the surfboard part in Drunk in Love for 5 minutes straight!" Winnie jokingly fought back, pulling out her phone to show him the video.

"It's the only part I know," He defended, quickly snatching the phone from her. "I'm deleting this, by the way."

"Nick, no!" She gasped, trying to reach the phone. Her arm was across his chest, making a grab hand at it as Nick continued to laugh, holding it away from the girl.

"I swear-" She screeched, feeling the stool fall from under her.

Winnie's eyes widened as she fell into the laughing man, knocking him off his stool as well. The two crumbled to the floor, shocking everyone who had surrounded them.

Nick and Winnie glanced to each other, trying to hold back their laughter, deeming it to be inappropriate at the moment."We should probably go," she snickered, trying to whisper to him.

Nick nodded in reply, smiling to the girl as he helped her up,

"Then lets go"

☽✳︎

Part 16
of
Happier Than Ever