4

Part 4
      of
       Happier Than Ever

Part 4      of        Happier Than Ever

☽✳︎

POUNDING ON THE DOOR, a well dressed Nick Miller stood, waiting for Winnie to not only open the door, but actually wake up.

"What" Winnie groaned, cracking the door open. Her hair was disheveled and her morning breath was still at an all time high.

"I need you to do me a favor" Nick responded, completely ignoring her wake-up look.

"No."

Winnie's attempt to shut the door was quickly put to a stop, quite literally, by his foot.

She groaned in annoyance, fully opening the door and giving him a questioning glance.

"You are going to be my girlfriend for the day" He answered, causing the blonde's eyebrows to rise even more than before.

"You are playing this 'Nick the Charmer' role a little too seriously." She mused, finally noticing his nice appearance. "Why are you all dressed up?"

"No questions, just details" Schmidt appeared out of nowhere, making his way into Winnie's room.

"Well... come on in?" She commented, watching Schmidt make himself comfortable on her bed.

"Your job tonight is to be Nick's girlfriend at a wedding. Okay? Make sure he stays out of trouble with Caroline." Schmidt explained. Nick joined him and sat on Winnie's bed as she listened to him contently.

"She's still an issue? I thought we were over this when Nick never called her that one night at the bar last week?" She asked, eyeing the two.

"Because I was too busy helping you get away from your creepy ex" Nick added on, causing Winnie to sigh.

"A favor for a favor?" She asked, watching as they both nodded. "Fine, okay deal."

Winnie spun around and headed into her closet, looking at the few choices that she currently had. She grabbed the first dress that she saw and turned around, holding it up to her chest.

"No-"

"That is the ugliest dress I have ever seen, Winnie!" Nick nearly shouted.

"I'm gonna really need you to step it up tonight, okay" Schmidt added on to Nick's words, "When I see you, I wanna be thinking, who let the dirty slut out of the slut house."

"Oddly.. specific" She mumbled, throwing the dress to the side. Winnie went back to her previous actions and dug through her closet again.

"Woah, let's go. I can't be late I am in the wedding" Winston popped in.

Winnie was still getting used to the new face in the apartment.

"You are the usher, so relax" Nick breathed out, glaring at him.

"Yeah! I'll be busy so I don't have to sit around and answer stupid questions all day." Winston shot back, "Questions like, 'do you have a job', 'are you still playing basketball'. Does it look like I am playing oversea's basketball?" He sarcastically complained to the group.

"Are you okay?" Winnie peaked over her shoulder, feeling the tension burning off of him.

"This is the first job I've gotten in two months, dude. I wanna get in there and ush this wedding straight in the face." He answered, earning a shrug from the girl.

"Okay okay, how about this one" Winnie smiled, holding up a short, purple dress.

They all looked towards her and froze for a second. It seemed that they had come to an agreement that this was the dress.

"Okay, great" Winnie nodded, now shooing away the boys,

      "Now get out and wipe the drool of your   chins, I need to get ready."

☽✳︎

Part 4
      of
       Happier Than Ever