18

Part 18
of
Happier Than Ever

Part 18      of        Happier Than Ever

☽✳︎

       SCHMIDT AND WINNIE AWKWARDLY sat across from each other, not knowing how to approach the situation they are in.

"This feels really wrong" Winnie mumbled, earning a nod from Schmidt.

"No offense, I would totally do you, but I was hoping to match with Lily," He responded, Winnie shrugged back.
"I could say the same with Nick" She replied, smiling as she mentioned his name.

Schmidt raised his eyebrows at the girl, smirking in the process, "You wanted to get all up with Nick behind this curtain?!"

Winnie scoffed before grinning, "It's only a kiss!" She laughed out, immediately covering her mouth. "There is no 'get all up with'" She spoke quieter, smacking him on the arm.

"That wouldn't have stopped me" He winked, causing Winnie to mutter an ew.

"We don't actually have to do this" she then pointed out, "They can't even see us, how would they know?"

"So how long do we sit here for?"

Winnie rolled her eyes.

"It's a kiss with tongue, not 7 minutes in heaven," She replied, already getting ready to stand up.

However, she was quickly stopped as Schmidt grabbed her arm and pulled her back down harshly. "Ow?" She grunted out, glaring at him.

"You cannot leave so soon!" He quickly whispered to her, "I'm Schmidt, I have a reputation to uphold!"

"What-"

"What would people think of me if a girl only spent a few minutes with me," he deadpanned, "alone."

"The two people out there are drunk, Schmidt!" Winnie reasoned, "No one is staring at the clock and thinking, 'Wow, they really are taking a long time.. wonder what they are doin' in there'"

Winnie was wrong.

Schmidt let her words sink in before letting out an exasperated sigh, "fine."

At his words, Winnie smiled in success as she stood up again, helping her friend up right after. She then watched as Schmidt went to the mirror and fixed his hair before turning towards the door, opening it.

The two stepped out of the room.

"Wow, you guys took forever!" Lily laughed loudly, winking at them, "Did you guys have fun?"

"Where's Nick?" Winnie ignored the question, noticing he was no longer in the room.

"Oh, uhm" She spoke, looking around, "After like... 5 minutes of you guys being back there doing.. y'know, he said something like, 'unbelievable' and the stormed off all grumpy" She explained, reenacting how he left the room.

Winnie watched her carefully.

"Wait," Winnie stopped her, "You stomped towards the front door, not the hallway?"

"Oh yeah!" She nodded,

"He left the entire apartment, crazy right?"

☽✳︎

Part 18
of
Happier Than Ever