12

Part 12
      of
       Happier Than Ever

Part 12      of        Happier Than Ever

☽✳︎

       A HARSH HIT TO THE FACE BY A pillow was not how Winnie expected to be woken up.

Hitting Winnie harshly with a pillow was also not how Nick expected to wake up the girl. However, he had accidentally let it slip through his fingers when he was pretending to do it.

"In my defense, that was on accident" Nick hurriedly got in, watching as Winnie groaned against her pillow.

"I'm more concerned as to why you are in my room at..." Winnie sat up, turning on her phone, "8:46 in the morning."

"One word, Ikea."

"Ikea," Winnie repeated slowly, staring at him blankly, "At 8:46 in the morning."

"Technically 9:30 because you won't be ready by 9," He replied, already making his way out of her room, "Your hair looks like a bird's nest!"

Winnie let out a deep yawn as she rolled off her bed, immediately heading to her closet. "I'm only going if you buy me meatballs!" She called out, digging through her hangers.

"Deal!"

☽✳︎

Winnie wasn't expecting to meet someone who loved Ikea so much. She also wasn't expecting to meet someone who spent over two hours looking at the rug section.

When they didn't even need a rug.

"Come on, Winnie, we all know this trip is actually for you," Nick commented, shooting pillows into the cart as she pushed it.

Winnie quirked an eyebrow in his direction as she looked up at the art on the wall, "Weren't you the one who suggested coming here?" She asked, placing a decoration in her cart.

"Well, yeah" He shrugged, "Because your room sucks."

Winnie scoffed, taking a pillow out of the cart and smacking him with it. "I can't help that my ex boyfriend decided to keep a majority of my belongings," She softly laughed, earning a confused glance from Nick.

"Even your clothes?"

"You've seen my closet," She answered back, "I have like, 5 shirts and a few dresses. Haven't you noticed I've been wearing the same pair of shorts like everyday" She gestured to her worn out pants.

"Why don't you go there and get your stuff?" He curiously asked, watching as Winnie looked around the store.

"Although I've seen Derek since the night I had caught him, I still haven't seen my sister," Winnie spoke in a hushed tone. Nick almost didn't even hear her. "She did text me though."

"What did she say?"

Winnie let out a sour laugh at that question,
"Sorry"

☽✳︎

☽✳︎

Part 12
      of
       Happier Than Ever