8

Part 8
      of
       Happier Than Ever

Part 8      of        Happier Than Ever

☽✳︎

DUE TO WINNIE BEING the only one who had not gotten drunk the night before, her perky good~morning attitude caused a negative disruption in the apartment's kitchen.

"Isn't Nick the most negative person you ever met?" Winston asked as Winnie poured milk into her cereal bowl.

The blonde slightly nodded at the question, eyeing Nick as he laid his head flat against the table.

"I mean, his life is genuinely terrible" Schmidt spoke, making his way into the kitchen with the others.

"I don't live in this world where I smile and people just instantly do what I want them to do" Nick murmured against the table, "Obviously, after how you all saw last night turn out with Caroline."

"Is that the only thing you remember from last night?" Winnie quietly asked, earning a confused look from everyone in the room.
"I assume so" She answered herself, trying to hide the small disappointment in her voice.

Nick continued to send a questioning glance towards her, but she simply shook off his gaze and headed to the sink. Winnie emptied the rest of her bowl before turning on the water and flipping the switch to the garbage disposal. She shrieked as the food started flying back at her, causing Nick to grab a large piece of wood labeled 'disposal fixer' and roughly shifting it into the sink.

After a few seconds, the food no longer flew out of the sink.

"Boom, fixed."

"Yeah, until you use it again" Winnie sassed, "I think it's time a called the landlord."

At her words, everyone turned to her direction, shaking their head's quickly.

"Don't call the landlord, bad idea," Schmidt spoke, seeming disgusted by the fact that Winnie had even suggested that.

"He's a jerk, we don't need him here" Nick added on, pointing to Schmidt in agreement.

"Maybe he's a great person and you just haven't given him a chance" Winnie defended, earning sarcastic laughs from her roommates.

"No, he's terrible"

"He literally sucks"

"Don't call him," Nick spoke again, "I'm serious, it's a bad idea."

"Okay," Winnie agreed, awkwardly walking to the door as she spoke. They all watched as the girl slowly made her way to the door and removed the hot pink duct tape that Nick had re-taped since she had moved in. "I will.. totally not go.. talk to the landlord right now" She quickly spoke, rushing outside of the apartment before anyone could stop her.

☽✳︎

"Knock knock" Winnie spoke as she knocked on the run down wall. Her eye's glanced around the dirty room, finally falling on an older gentleman. He was holding a wooden mop in his hand, sharpening the end of it with a large knife.

"Hello, Mister.. uhm, Mr. Landlord" Winnie greeted, making her way up to the man and sticking up her hand.

He eye'd her hand momentarily before looking back down to his mop, continuing the sharpening process.

"Oh, you have some really nice.. conversation skills" Winnie joked, looking around at his messy office, "Almost as good as your decoration skills."

Once again, he just stared at her as he sharpened his mop.

"Right, get to the point," She nodded, looking down to her feet, "I live in 4D and to be quite frank with you, it has a lot of safety hazards. It would be absolutely lovely if you could just.. y'know, fix it for us. Do your little landlord thing." She suggested, watching him leave his previous position and make his way to his desk.

"No."

"Yes." She challenged back, earning a huff in response. "You must know I am quite stubborn, I could be here all day if needed" She spoke sweetly, making herself comfortable in an open chair. "I also have just went through an awful breakup, would you like to hear about it," She continued, noticing his face form into panic.

"I will help for an hour"

"An hour is all I need"

☽✳︎

Part 8
      of
       Happier Than Ever