14

Part 14
      of
       Happier Than Ever

Part 14      of        Happier Than Ever

☽✳︎

      DESPITE NICK'S PREVIOUS ACCUSATION of being Winnie's emotional fluffer. The two sat on her floor, working away with the new decorations and side tables she had recently boughten. Winnie had been reading off the directions to him, pointing at each of the pieces as she did so, while he put the pieces together. Nick, being the handyman of the two, continuously cut off the girl from speaking the directions, stating that he already knew what he was doing and what she was saying was unnecessary.

After the continuous complaining from him, she finally obliged to his request, keeping the directions to herself as she watched him work away.

At first, Winnie was impressed with the work that he had done on his own. However, once Nick had accidentally grabbed a nail instead of a screw and started complaining that it wasn't fitting properly, Winnie sat back against her bed, amusedly watching him and his small breakdown.

However, after a few minutes of watching his internal torture, the blonde decided to scoot off her bed as Nick began to tangle his hands in his hair, continuously repeating that Ikea was at fault for this mistake. Winnie laughed as she grabbed the screw from the ground, making her way behind Nick and stopping him from trying the nail once again.

"Oh no, you're doing it all wrong" Winnie dramatically acted out, repeating the same words that Nick had said to her a few days ago, "Here lemme show you, I've been doing it for years!"

Nick let out a breathy laugh as Winnie placed her chest against his back, letting her chin rest on his shoulder. She brought her hand down his arm until it reached his hand, simply taking the nail out from between his fingers and replacing it with the screw that she had brought over.

"Now lets try this again," She whispered into his ear, placing the screw against the wood and taking his other hand, that was holding the screwdriver, on top of it. "And... twist!" She instructed, watching as the screw went in perfectly.

Winnie grinned in celebration as she backed away from him, feeling a new type of pride as she corrected his mistake.

However, Winnie's grin quickly faded as he turned to face her, having a look on his face that she wasn't familiar with.

"Nick?" She tilted her head, "Are you okay-"

Like always, she had been cut off by him, but not in the way she was used too.

In a quick motion, Nick had leaned towards the girl and connected their lips, earning a surprised gasp from her. Although she was shocked, Winnie quickly brought her arms around his neck and hugged him closer to her, completely ignoring the messy ikea parts that were scattered around her room.

During the kiss, Winnie couldn't stop herself from smiling against his lips.

She was happier than ever.

☽✳︎

Part 14
      of
       Happier Than Ever