Chapter 6: Loverboy

"Yeah, you can call me lover boy~ They say I throw my heart around~ And you can be my lover girl~!"

Taylor was in her first class sitting and paying attention to what was going on in the front class, but really she was also thinking about Lincoln and the kiss she had given him the other last night at the concert.

Believe it or not, She had not regretted doing so, but it wasn't about that. Taylor didn't think it was a good idea to push the relationship any farther than they should, there was a part of her that liked the idea of dating Lincoln, but a much bigger part of her told her not to ruin their friendship, after all, she didn't even know herself if he liked her back or would return the small feelings she had for him.

So why have the heartbreak? Instead of letting her heart be broken, she decided that it was better to push these feelings away.

Still, the small part of her that wanted to be with Lincoln told her to think about his feelings, think about how he might feel. Which then made her began to think that maybe there was a chance.

There was a chance that Lincoln might like her back and maybe they could be together. It wasn't like he was undatable. He was a nice person and quite handsome, not only that, he was sweet. She saw how sweet he could be when he was with Lily, he did everything to please his little sister, but he was also strict with her.

Not only was he sweet, but he could be very brave when he wanted to, back when they were in middle school, he had stood up to her and her friends on the bus and even at school.

He had guts and Taylor like that about him.

He was kind, and while many people saw that as a weakness, she didn't because she also knew that when it really mattered, Lincoln was the bravest person and still be very kind to even those who did him wrong. He was of the most amazing people she had ever met. Hell, he even inspired others to be brave and to stand up with him.

Many of his friends could have left him after he was their prime target for bullying but they never did because he showed them that they could be brave and that they could be stronger together.

Sure, Taylor had noticed those qualities about him and she figured he was just some dumb kid trying to act tough.

he hated that about people, people who hide behind that false curtain of being tough when in actuality they were just fragile people, and because of that fake toughness, they thought they could do whatever they wanted at others. But now she had found out how wrong she was about Lincoln and just how matured he really was.

'Oh god...' Taylor thought to herself 'I like Lincoln Loud'

And with that realization, Taylor had no idea what she would do next. She liked him, she really, really, liked him but did she really want to date right now? Was it really the right time?

She enjoyed the kiss. The intimacy was great, she loved the hot passion of that night... so maybe they didn't have to date right, I mean, it could work out right?

What if instead, they could just do some kissing? or maybe something more? It couldn't hurt to try to just be friends with benefits at first, ya know, to see where it goes and if Taylor liked what was going on between them, then maybe they could do somethings together and even began to date.

It wasn't a bad idea, and technically they would be dating, they were just doing some intimate things that both of them would enjoy. Sure there might be feelings at some point in time but those could always wait.

However, she also shouldn't decide this for herself, she did have to ask how Lincoln felt about all this and also see what it was he wanted out of all of this, and if he wanted to date first, then she could simply tell him about what she wanted, but if he didn't agree then they could just stay friends...