Chapter 10: Mending the Pieces

Currently, Lincoln is in the hospital, and outside his room, looking in, were Taylor, Lisa, Lily, and the rest of the loud family.

"The Loud family, correct?"

Lynn Sr and Rita turned their heads to see a Doctor approaching them and they quickly walked over to him with furious nods.

"Doctor, tell me what happened to our son!" Lynn Sr asked.

The Doctor looked at them and sighed, "Unfortunately, we don't know ourselves," He said. "Whatever happened to Lincoln is something we've never seen before, but whatever happened seemed to stop and he's okay but, for the time being, he's knocked out and will need to be held overnight for his safety," The Doctor told them.

Rita nodded, "Thank you, Doctor," Rita said.

The doctor nodded, and he walked away.

After hearing this, Taylor's anger swelled up again, and she was so mad that they didn't know what happened to Lincoln. But she did remember his anger at Lisa, so she turned around and looked at her and glared at her, "What the hell did you do!?" Taylor asked.

Lisa, who now had her arm in a cast, looked at Taylor, but before she could speak, Lynn jumped in front of her and glared at Taylor.

"It's none of her business!" Lynn cried.

"Bullshit!" Taylor seethed "It is my business! Your obviously hiding something! Something that caused all of this! Lincoln's nightmares! THIS! What the hell happened!?"

"Nothing happened," Lisa chimed in.

"No... no... you're lying,"

They all turned to see that it was lily who had spoke, she had tears welling up in her eye and she looked angry yet scared.

Lily looked up at them with a glare, and then turned to Lisa, "He kept asking you what you did to him! he kept asking what you did to him! You're lying! You're lying!" Lily cried out

Hearing this, Taylor grabbed Lisa by the collar and pulled her closer, "Even Lily knows you did something! So what the hell did you do!?"

Lynn was about to interfere and start throwing fists, but Lucy grabbed her shoulder and stopped her.

Lynn was confused, "Lucy, what the-?"

"We can't hide it anymore," Lucy said, "Not anymore, and can we even after what happened today,"

"She's right," Lisa said. "This might have been inevitable, I knew this may have happened, I knew that Lincoln's "nightmares" were his memory resurfacing, however... him remembering slowly wouldn't have caused this,"

Taylor looked at her with a raised brow, "What do you mean?" She asked.

"A reaction like this was never supposed to happen if things proceeded naturally, its the forcing of remembering those memories, that caused his memories to hit in such a large wave that his mind couldn't handle it," Lisa said, "The brain was fighting itself on was questioning what was real,"

Hearing this, Taylor remembered what Lincoln had said to her.

"I-I don't... I can't... I-I... Is this real!?" Lincoln asked. "A-Are my memories of you even real...?" He asked.

Taylor glared at her, "What did you do exactly?" she asked.

Lisa looked at Taylor and breathed in deeply before exhaling and composing herself, "A long time ago, our family kicked out Lincoln for a long time because we believed him to be bad luck, but that wasn't true, however, we didn't believe that still, not until we convinced ourselves that he was good luck in a squirrel suit, so we had him stay in that suit for a long time," Lisa told him. "However, one day, he passed out in the suit and had a heat stroke, and after that, we took him out of the suit and let him live in the house again, outside of the suit, however... Lincoln had become depressed and... had been heavily thinking of killing himself," Lisa said.