Chapter 11: Glass and Fire

After finally being released from the hospital and being given some spare clothes by Lisa (whom Lincoln was not happy to see), Lincoln was informed about what was going on. He arrived at Taylor's house and knocked on the door, after a few minutes, the door opened, and Taylor's mom stood there and gave the young man a soft smile.

Taylor's mom looked a bit like her, sharing similar looks and skin tones, though, one could argue that she looked more gentle than her daughter. She gave off this "I'm easy to approach" vibe. Taylor's mom was currently wearing a nurse's outfit with black and white sneakers

"Hello, Lincoln," She said.

Lincoln smiled back, "H-Hi, Ms. Ophelia," Lincoln replied.

Ms. Ophelia chuckled a little, "Please, don't feel nervous," She said, "Your sister Lissa informed me of what had... happened and Taylor confirmed everything, and I'm glad I could help, so please, stay as long as you need," She told him.

Lincoln nodded slowly, "Thank you, Ms. Ophelia," He replied.

She nodded, "There's no need, and please, call me Maryanna," She told him.

"Right," Lincoln said with another nod, "Where will I be sleeping?" He asked.

Maryanna looked at him with a smile, "For now, I'm letting you sleep with Taylor in her room," She told him, "However, I expect you two not to do anything too serious, I can't simply say not to try anything, that's impossible, but please... no sex," She told him.

Lincoln blushed and slowly nodded, feeling super embarrassed, "I-I Promise," he replied.

Maryanna nodded, "Good, I'm too young to be a grandmother," she told him, "Now, I have to leave, I have to get to work, and I'll be working late, so there won't be dinner tonight," She told him with a heavy sigh.

"It's alright, I can figure out something," He replied, "My dad taught me how to cook, so I can make me, Taylor, and Mikey something," He told her.

Maryanna was happy to hear that as she felt guilty that she could not cook for the young boy who was her guest and would be staying at her house, but she thanked him and left. Lincoln once again thanked her for her hospitality and she reminded him that he didn't need to as she was more than happy to help him out of a bad situation.

After she left, Lincoln walked upstairs and looked at the rooms and saw the door that told him it was Taylor's room. He approached it and he knocked, waiting for a response on the other side to let him know it was okay to enter.

"Come in,"

With that, the white-haired boy walked in and when he did, his eyes landed on Taylore who was lying down on her bed, and when she heard her door open, she looked up to see him, and once she saw it was him, she jumped off her bed and quickly ran over to him and pulled him in a tight embrace. Without a second thought, he quickly hugged her back, feeling better than he had when he was stuck in the hospital.

However, what he didn't expect was to be picked up, and carried over to Taylor's bed, and then he felt both of them fall onto it. Lincoln smiled as he now was on Taylor's bed and looking at her and he saw her smile back at him.

"Hey," He greeted.

"Hey," She replied.

After that, they quickly shared a quick kiss before separating, and when they looked back at each other, Taylor looked at Lincoln with a worried look. "How are you feeling?" She asked, "Are you ok?"

Lincoln slowly nodded, "I'm holding up, it's still... hard, ya know?" he asked. "I still can't believe what Lisa and the others did, I have all those memories back, yet, it still feels like a bad dream," He told her.