28: Anda and Cameron

Munimuni - Bawat Piyesa

***

Cameron

"What are you doing?" it sounded like Anda so I turned around. She was standing in front of me wearing a yellow sundress and a straw hat. Behind her was the beautiful sunset matching the calm waves of the ocean. Tears immediately pooled my eyes. Oh, dear God.

"Anda." I mumbled.

"Don't cry, you little girl. You know how I hate it when you cry." I nodded at her and wiped my tears.

"I miss you. I miss you, Anda." malungkot na saad ko. She was also looking at me with pure sadness and longing.

"I miss you too. But you have to forget me now, Caron." I was confused. Why would And say that to me? Why would she tell me to forget her? My only ally. My best friend. The only person who really understood me.

"Don't tell me you're going to leave me too." I stuttered. Lumapit ito sa akin at niyakap ako ng mahigpit. She is caressing my back while humming, just like what she used to do when we were kids. When she would see me cry because I felt unloved in my own house.

"You have to let go of me now, Caron. I want you to move forward instead of being stucked in the past. Caron, I'm already dead. No matter how much you cry, you will never be able to bring me back. Ikaw lang din ang nagpapahirap sa sarili mo dahil hindi mo pa rin matanggap na wala na 'ko." napanganga ako dahil sa sinabi ni Anda. I can't help but to feel hurt and offended. I can't possibly do that. I have no one else beside her. She's all I have in this cruel world and she was gone in just a blink of an eye. How could I possibly accept that?

"But you're all I have." I started weeping again like a child that I am. My inner child. Anda knelt down at me while still caressing my head.

"Of course that's not true. You have Diva and Kaiser plus their baby. Manang Sol and Veronica. Also Hiro and Varron. You have them, Caron. So don't you ever think that you're alone again because you will never be again. They won't leave you, nor let you be alone. You just have to trust them." she has that broken sad smile again.

"But that would mean that you're leaving me. I don't want you to leave, Anda." I hugged her tight. Securing that she won't leave me.

"You don't need me anymore, Caron. There are many people who can take care of you better that I did." I shook my head. Si Anda lang ang gusto ko. I don't want to lose Anda.

"I can't lose you too. I lost too much already, hindi pwedeng pati ikaw mawawala din." lumayo sa akin si Anda. She looked so torn right now I could see her eyes brimming with tears.

"But I can't be with you now. I'm already dead, Caron. I can't do the things I used to do before. May iba ng gagawa 'non para sa 'yo."

"Stop crying, Caron." malambing na saadnito sa akin then she turned her back on me facing the sunset.