47: Dad

{THE WALTERS - I Love You So}

***

Cameron

Giving birth to twins alone, raising them alone, and going through tough times because you were alone, it all happened because they betrayed. If only he chose to stay, if only he chose me, then he wouldn't be like this. Kneeling in front of me, shaking and crying.

Napabuntong-hininga ako.

Varron Lane, the successor of the Lanes. When they lost their parents, he toughened his heart so he could protect London from their evil-step mother. I admired him for that. He was strong to get through that at such a young age. We were alike. And I think that's one of the reasons why I fell in love with him. Such naivety.

If only he stayed. If only they didn't betray me. We would've been happy. He would've been a good father to the twins. Waking up every morning with him beside me. Going to check-ups together. Buying baby necessities and designing the twins' room. Gone to amusement parks to bond. Celebrated the twins' birthday. Celebrated every holiday and special occasion together. Then we wouldn't have been lonely. The twins' wouldn't have to endure the scrutinizing stares and whispers from people. They would've grown more happily than they did. Having two parents to guide and care for them. If only he stayed, things would've been completely different from now.

Sana hindi ganito kasakit.

I feel nothing watching Varron whimper in pain as he realizes he was robbed 5 years in his children's lives. He's probably regretting making that choice because it was the reason why things got messy between us. And he probably realized, that he, totally fcked up. Maybe I've become totally numb to even feel pity for him. Kasalanan niya yan eh.

I sighed again. I've been away from the party for too long. I have to go back. I was about to leave but Varron was still kneeling on the floor and I couldn't leave him like that because who knows when the guests are coming to use the restroom. Ppaano kung makita nila ito na ganito ang hitsura? Ano nalang ang magiging epekto nito sa reputasyon ng foundation? So no, definitely not gonna happen.

"I'm going back." saad ko at tumalikod.

"C-can I meet them...?" alanganin nitong tanong. Tsk. Mukhang tapos na siyang mag-self hate. Muli akong humarap sa kaniya. His eyes were begging and somewhat hopeful. Nakakadistract nga lang ang ilong at mata niyang namumula. Siguradong ako na naman ang masama .

"Wait at the restaurant after the party." malamig na saad ko at tuluyan ng umalis. Josh eyed me suspiciously when he saw me coming back from teh restroom. Nakasalubong ko ito at sinipat pa ang likuran ko and he probably saw Varron, Josh's pretty observant and sharp so I'm sure he's drawn some conclusion already about my relationship with Varron, but I don't really care.

"The guests has been looking for you. Nagtanong na rin si Mrs. Williams kung bakit hindi ka pa bumabalik. What about him?" tukoy nito kay Varron.

"Make up an excuse." utos ko rito at bumalik sa pwesto ko. I busied myself with talking to the guests who extended their interest in donating and becoming a sponsor. My phone's constantly beeping. Nagsesend kasi si Ashley ng mga picture at videos ng kambal. Nasa play area sila ng venue kasama ang mga anak ng mga guest. Napangiti ako seeing how the twins' are enjoying themselves.