20: Saint Claire

Play : Brett Harris - Wish

***

Cameron

White ceilings greeted me when I opened my eyes. I scanned the place. Judging from the surroundings, I am in Kai and Diva's house. Specifically at the same room when I was still living with them. I tried to sat up and leaned against the headboard of the bed. I noticed that someone changed my clothes. How long was I asleep?

Just when I was about to leave the bed, the door creaked open revealing Diva with her usual gentle smile on me. She was holding a tray with food and medicines.

"How are you feeling now, Cam?" marahang tanong nito sa akin at humila ng upuan upang maupo sa tabi ng kama.

"How long was I asleep?" it came out hoarse.

"Your were out for a day." sagot nito at inabutan ako ng isang baso ng tubig.

"How did I get here?" tanong kong muli. She looked at me with a frown on her face.

"You don't remember?" she asked me and I nodded as an answer. The last thing I remember was when I was clucthing my chest trying to breath. And also the white van I saw.

"The last thing I remember was seeing a white van and that's it. I must've passed out after that." I said.

"Can I go home now?" tanong ko. Ngayon kasi ang dating ng mga katulong sa bahay. I need to interview them.

"After you eat." Diva said in an authoritive voice. I sighed in defeat. Nang lumabas siya ay tsaka ako nagsimulang kumain.

Diva and Kaiser are talking when I went downstairs. I couldn't hear anything because they were like whispering to each other. I coughed to get their attention.

"Hey, I'm going home now. Thanks for taking care of me, Diva." she smiled in return. My gaze went to Kaiser who has a stoic expression on his face. Back when Anda's still here, he always had a smile on his face. But now, he always had that expressionless eyes while staring at me.

"I received the envelope. Thanks for that. Una na ako." I said, excusing myself. I was halfway to the doorway when Kaiser spoke breaking the gloomy atmosphere between us.

"I'll drive you home. Wait for me outside." he said in a calm voice and went upstairs to get his keys. I secretly smiled because of that. Naghintay ako sa labas tulad ng utos niya. I went inside his car and settled myself in the passenger's side. He's just focusing in driving and it made me feel uneasy. Kinuha ko nalang ang cellphone ko at naglaro. I can't stand the awkwardness between me and him. It's making me cry.

Kaiser was always there for me through my darkest days. And losing him will really hurt me big time.

His silence is killing me. I want him to talk to me. Kahit pagalitan niya ako, ayos lang sa akin. I have lost enough.