8. Pleasure in Disguise

✦❘༻ Pleasure in disguise ༺❘✦

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Like honeybees, you sting and then die
The damage done, is pleasure in disguise
I don't know why

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

This chapter contains mature themes, sexual content and subtle mention of suicide. Do not proceed if you are a minor or not comfortable with such content.

Faina gulps looking down. The dark yet still water under the bridge is sending shivers down her spine. Her hands are pressed on the railing of the bridge, lips trembling as she sets her foot on the concrete railing and exhales. She lunges up and tries to step on the other side when,

"I wouldn't recommend that."

She is startled by an unfamiliar voice. She snaps her head in the direction to meet a tall man in a milk white suit. Something is so calming about his aura and the way he approaches her.

"It's not what you think it is," she looks down at the dark water again.

"Whatever it is, it'll pass away soon. The change lies within you. You are the key," he says. She looks at him with furrowed brows.

"Who are you?" She asks. The long lashed eyes dart away from her, looking far away.

"You can call me Taehyung," he reaches his hand out and touches her cheek. "This will help for now."

A small shudder takes over her body as soon as he touches her. She closes her eyes to it and when she opens them, he is gone.

"Taehyung?"

She reaches home, half dazed and half confused. Nothing makes sense to her anymore. Weird happenings and coming across strangers like today is not something that startles her anymore. She wanted her life to be perfect and smooth yet it's anything but that. Her normal life feels so far away. Like an illusion.

"Prepare a bath," she tells her maid as she walks into her room and falls face flat on the bed. Her mind is restless and she feels nauseous. The transparent curtains in her room flow inwards due to the breeze.

"Mam, the bath is ready."

Stepping into the warm bath relaxes her body. Her physical one. Her mind is still fucked. Constantly cursing her for what she did. Screaming "You are responsible for everything. You ruined yourself." Tears roll down her cheeks and she goes under the water. Trying to distract her mind for now. She comes up a few seconds later. Rose petals sticking on her skin here and there. She leans her head back and tries to calm down.

There isn't a way out so she is going to do it. There isn't another way around. The damage has been done and all she can do is do some control.

"Is the water still warm?"