17. The plan

✦❘༻ The Plan ༺❘✦

❘༻ The Plan ༺❘✦

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Devils roll the dice,
Angels roll their eyes

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"What is this place?" Faina asks as they walk towards the cabin built with wood. It looks ancient and unsafe. "A place where we can be safe until we figure out a plan. A place which cannot be traced by anyone," Jimin says. "You mean like one of those places hidden from the map of earth?" The damn earth squishes under their shoes as they walk. Jimin shakes his head. "This is warded against all the supernatural creatures, means it cannot be found or traced by their power unless they know the location of it," Jimin halts at the door and so does the others.

"In you go," Jimin waves his hand at Faina. She takes a step ahead and notices that the others aren't coming in. "You guys are not trapping me to hand me over to Lucifer right?" she squints her eyes and jumps her eyes between their faces. Jimin hands her the archangel blade. "The cabin is warded against all the supernatural beings. We happened to be one of them. You stay in there with the blade," Jimin smiles lightly. She takes the blade in her hand and looks at them. "Where are you guys going to stay then?" Faina's heart starts to drop. They are in the middle of nowhere and the only people she can trust, not fully but still, are saying they can't stay beside her. Two archangels are after her and the musty, ancient cabin is the only thing she can be safe in. At least she was told.

"Excuse me? That means if you guys just disappear now, I will have two lunatic archangels after me and I don't have super powers like you so that means I will either die or become a breeding organism for Lucifer," she paces up and down as she speaks. Panic visible on her. Jimin rolls his eyes and waits until she stops pacing. She turns to them on the verge of screaming. "We are going to stay right there. This is not a permanent residence. This is only until we come up with a plan. You can rest or sleep or pass your time as you wish in the meanwhile."

Faina seems to calm down a bit after Jimin explains to her. "Oh," her stance relaxes. "Can I not be part of the discussion?" Jimin and Taehyung look at each other and smile.

Faina sits on the floor of the cabin with a huge book covered with leather on her thighs, an ancient lore on archangels. "How is it going?" Jimin yells from outside. "I've never been thankful for the ancient language classes I took in college. Man who would have thought they come in handy," she flips the page looking for the spell.

"How long can the holy oil fire hold Lucifer? We have to snap him back into the cage as soon as possible," Jimin says, throwing his head back in frustration. "Not for long," Taehyung takes a deep breath. "The spell takes about two minutes to finish reading and if the holy oil doesn't hold that lunatic fucker in there we all should be ready to say our goodbyes." Taehyung sighs. "I can hold the fire to stay longer. It is a simple spell but needs ingredients. I'm sure I will find them if I look around in this forest," Kasdeya says. Jimin nods, "Then you go ahead and look for the ingredients." Kasdeya bows before disappearing.

"I think I found something. But we have a problem," Faina yells and runs to the door. Jimin and Taehyung sprint towards the cabin as soon as they hear her. "What is it?" Jimin asks, "There is a spell that can put the archangel into any closed or warded place and lock them up. It needs some ingredients I guess, by the way I have no idea what these things are. It says owl skull here. We have a spell. We can lock him up but," she gives a pause to flip the page. "You can only lock up one archangel every 48 hours. If we lock one of them, then we have to wait for two days to do that again," Faina flaps her lips. Taehyung looks at Jimin as if a thought has struck him.

"We can lock Lucifer up and then Michael is going to leave because the only reason he is here is to destroy Lucifer. So, if we just pop Lucifer into the cage then Michael leaves on his own. Even if he doesn't leave, he is not going to cause great damage now that he knows there isn't a threat to God's creation," Taehyung snaps his fingers. "I hope you are right. Before that, we need to secure the area with a hiding spell. I'm pretty sure that summoning Lucifer and casting the spell to lock him away would create a tremendous power that wouldn't go unnoticed," Jimin looks away in thought after speaking.

"Summon who? Excuse me?" Faina asks, eyes wide and mouth open. "We are planning to summon Lucifer here and then perform the spell to lock him away into the cage," Taehyung answers. Faina's eyes hop between the two men before opening her mouth to speak, "You want to summon Lucifer here? Then perform the spell?" she asks, they nod in unison. "Oh, how about a dinner with him, might as well do some family planning for my upcoming children," she smiles, a sarcastic one. "Faina, we are keeping him in the hold of holy oil fire. It is not possible for him to escape the fire. You don't need to worry," Taehyung assures her. Faina doesn't believe them, even the slightest. But she doesn't have a choice now. All she can do is hope for everything to go well. "What are the ingredients for the spell?" Jimin asks. She pulls out a piece of paper she was writing on and gives it to Jimin. Jimin looks at the paper and nods. "The ingredients aren't difficult, we can find them in the forest," Jimin says.

"Should I run another errand for the ingredients?" Kasdeya pops up after collecting some things needed for the holy oil fire extension spell. "Guess so," Jimin hands her the paper. She scans it and nods. "All we need is an owl skull. The rest of the things are already here," she gives the bag of ingredients to Taehyung and disappears again.

"Is there a plan B? In case this goes south?" Faina asks, tapping the pencil against her temple. Jimin nods, "We do, saying our last goodbyes," he smiles.

King's chamber in hell

One of the demons takes a deep breath before knocking on the door of the chamber. He knocks on it and flinches when he hears Lucifer's voice. He pushes through the door and walks in, trembling and not daring to look at him.

"What news do you come bearing?" Lucifer asks. The demon underling trembles as he speaks, gulping at every word. "We couldn't find them master," he keeps looking at the ground shaking. He peeks up when he doesn't get any response from Lucifer. He stumbles back and gasps when a red eyed Lucifer is staring at him. "Useless," he clicks his tongue and snaps his fingers, setting the demon on fire. The chambers fill with screams of the demon until he turns into a fine dust and sweeps away.

"What have you done to hell Jimin. It is filled with useless fuckers. Or are you just too good at hiding?" he leans his head back and closes his eyes.

"Good for you, Hide and seek is my favorite game," he smiles. 

Yeah, been a while. How is everyone? I hope you are still reading this story lol.

Leave votes and comments to encourage the author.

Donate on my Kofi if you like my writings. Support me.

I take commissions dm me here or on insta @cheriewrite