The Woods

???'S POV: 

    I followed the directions to get to the sight of Jeff's last victims. It was surprisingly close, and I felt goosebumps form as I got closer... not out of fear, but excitement. The house was a decent sized one, the kind expected out of a teacher's salary. It had white shingles and a rooftop made out of bricks. The front door was taped so as to warn away onlookers, such as myself. 

    I patrolled around the house, hopping over a wooden fence into the backyard. All the windows were shut, but as I investigated closer, I could see the curtains through the top windows was slashed, probably from Jeff's knife. I turned my attention towards the ground, hoping to get some clues from footprints or the likes. Unfortunately, there was no such luck. The house hardly gave away clues as to Jeff's whereabouts; if I were to do that, I'd have to look inside the house. 

     The house was rather isolated, making the owners of this house an easy target, especially in the nighttime. I found a decent sized rock lying around among some trees. I took in my surrounding, ensuring I will not get caught, before throwing the rock through a back window. I allowed myself entry, watching for the broken glass. 

    "Nice house," I muttered to myself. The insides of the house looked much better than the outside did. However, there seemed to not be any evidence of a crime. I'd have to go upstairs for that. The staircase creaked as I tiptoed to the second floor. There were four closed rooms. Covering my hands with my tattered sleeves, I opened the first one that I approached. It happened to be a tidy bathroom. The second door led me to a bloody mess. The bed was not made, and blood covered the sheets and curtains hanging on the window. More blood was splattered on some framed photos by the bed. The picture consisted of a young man holding his child in his arms; it looked to be taken at a zoo. My guess was that this was the father's room. The wooden frame of the bed consisted of some scratches that could have been made from a sharp object. Still, I couldn't tell much from the evidence before my eyes. 

    I went into the room next door. It looked completely untouched of any crime. It was a similar size to the other room. The bed was perfectly made, as well as the rest of the room. It looked like it belonged to a young girl; it had a princess theme. I was not interested in this at all. 

    As I entered the last room on the second floor, I was surprised by the mess. The bed was also unmade and even bloodier than the father's room; my guess was that this must have been the teacher's room. The frame of the bed was destroyed, with many knife marks embedded in the wood. One piece of the frame completely broke off; Jeff must had struggled a bit with this victim. The curtains had completely come off the rods they were placed among. The window was also broken, and I'm guessing Jeff must have made a dash out of here. It was pretty hard to tell from the outside due to the screen placed before the glass. 

     I looked out the window, very pleased by what I saw. As mentioned before, this house was very isolated. Even more, the house was surrounded by woods on one side. Now, where would a serial killer hide from the cops? The woods, of course! 

    I came out the same way I cam in, making her my hands do not touch any parts of the house. I walked around the house till I stood in front of what would be the teacher's window. When I looked at the grass, I could faintly see trudge marks leading away from the house. The tracks did not last long, but it was leading in the direction of the woods. 

    I hoped Jeff had a nice time, because it ends tonight. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

    This chapter is pretty short, cause I'm so tired after work!

    Anyways, I believe the next chapter is the one you should all be excited for!