Then how did I get here?

LIU'S POV: 

    I awoke with a start, finding myself lying on the ground. I don't remember getting here though. I was confused as to why I was clutching a piece of a map in my hand. I was gripping it so hard that I felt like my bones were going to protrude out of my knuckles. I looked up to see Jeff looking at me, concern washing his face. I also noticed he was holding another piece of a map and his knife was tightly gripped in his hand. 

    "What happened?" I leaned my head against one of my hands, a headache coming along. 

     "It's nothing," Jeff said rather quickly. I was taken aback by how quick he responded. Nevertheless, I shrugged it off. 

      "Then how did I get here?" I questioned. 

       "I carried you here." 

        "Why?" 

         "I heard coyotes," Jeff was looking off into the distance. "I had to get us out of trouble, and you were still asleep." 

       "You should of just woken me up," I pulled myself off from the ground, approaching my brother. "And what happened here?" I held up the map in confusion. 

       "One of the branches tore the map while I was running." Jeff stretched out his hand. "Can you pass me the other half, Liu?" I nodded my head, handing him over my piece. Jeff crouched near the ground, setting both pieces of the map as close as possible so we can see it as a whole. If only we had tape. 

     "Where are we trying to go?" I asked, observing the map by my brother. 

       "Over here," Jeff pointed at some spot on the map. It looked to also be in the woods, far from any huge city, but close enough to a small town. 

      "So where are we located now?" 

       "Last time I remembered, we were here," Jeff pointed at another spot on the map, not so far from our destination. But when I remembered the actual distance on a map and in real life look a lot different, I sighed frustratedly when I realized it was actually many miles left to go. 

     "Well," I thought to myself, "I suppose let's just keep going north west then, if the last place we were was there," I pointed on the previous spot on the map. "I'm sure we'll find our way around, even if we get into the town instead." 

     Begrudgingly, Jeff agreed with my plan. With each of us holding one end of the map together, we walked on through the woods, hoping tonight we will not have to sleep outside. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: this is a bit of a short chapter, but look how differently Liu and Sully interact with Jeff!! Also, I would love to know how you guys are enjoying the story, cause I'm starting to feel burnout with life and maybe even giving this story a break?