Don't Do Drugs, Kids!

SULLY'S POV: 

     I needed a break, a long one away from Jeff and that weird kid.

     As I exited the hideout, I was met with a light breeze. I can tell it was going to start getting cold again. The fresh air outside was a welcoming scent compared to the stench from inside the hut. I wrapped my scarf around my face as I began trudging uphill towards the highway. 

    The town was some miles away, and it did not take me long to arrive there. Unfortunately, I did not have any money left from a few days ago. But, who needs money when you are a refugee on the run anyways? This town looked very conservative and quiet. I could tell this was going to be lots of fun....

     All concepts of time had escaped my mind, but judging from an elementary school as I passed by it, I was going to make a wild guess that it was a weekday. I pushed my hands in my hoodie pocket as the breeze began to pick up. My scarf was flying in the wind, and I had re-wrap my scarf before it completely blew away. 

    As I was wandering around the town, my thoughts went back to Jeff. How badly I wanted to kill that bastard. But every time that thought comes into mind, I feel Liu trying to fight me off unconsciously. If it wasn't for the brotherly love Liu felt towards Jeff, he'd be a goner a long time ago. Jeff should seriously thank Liu for loving him then, lol. 

     I began to hear my stomach rumble, and it must have been a coincidence that I was passing by a grocery store. Fuck it, I thought. I'm gonna eat. I opened the door, a bell above signaling the employees that I was coming inside. There was not many people inside, and the ones who were there were old hags and wives. I clearly stood out. As I was meandering through the aisles, I felt eyes follow me. This pissed me off, as I was trying to find a chance to steal. I pretended to be interested in a box of cookies, looking at the nutrition content, before putting it down and walking away. I must have tired those peeping eyes eventually, as I had the opportune moment to grab a premade sandwich from the back of the store and shove it in my pants. I made sure that it wasn't obvious before strutting out of the store. I still got some odd looks from others, but as long as they mind their own business, I couldn't care less for those stares... better yet take a picture, it'll last longer, honey. 

     When I was a couple streets over from the store, I pulled the sandwich out of my pants and threw the wrapping plastic onto the ground. Liu might have had waffles last night, but I sure as hell hadn't eaten properly in awhile. I was going to savor every bite. There was a park that was up ahead, so I took a seat on on of the benches. My view from here looked up to a man-made lake. There were some geese lying by the bed of the water source. Close by, a mother was watching her child play at the playground. When she noticed me watching, she quickly approached her child, whispering something into the kid's ear. Then they both looked at me. I used this moment to flip the mother off. She looked so offended, and I couldn't help but laugh at the hideous face she was making. Then, just like that, she carried her child like a dog, leaving the park. 

     At last, complete bliss. There was no one else here. Just me and this freaking delicious sandwich. But then two unfortunate things happened. 

      First, eventually I finished the sandwich. 

      Second, someone arrived at the park. 

     A boy, who looked to be in his late teens, staggered into the park. I looked behind me for two seconds, irritated when we made eye contact, and he must have taken that as a signal to join me. I simply wonder what made this kid think, with whatever face I made, that he could sit by me? But then as he got closer, I understood: he smelled like weed.