So be it.

SULLY'S POV: 

     I pulled Liu's body off from the itchy grass we were laying in. I rested in a kneeling position, looking at the sky above. There were tints of navy blue blurred with a purple. The most divine part about the sky was the stars as it danced with the moon. 

    Loud snores brought my attention back down to earth. Liu's disgusting brother. I sat down on my butt, glaring at Jeff's sleeping body. I had the urge to just stab him, but after the day's event, I decided to hold back my plans to rid of the boy. We needed him to guide us to a proper hideout anyway. I refuse to keep bunking in motels or living in the forest. 

    I felt the tip of my finger brush against the knife I was twiddling in my pocket. A sting sprouted from the tip of my index finger. When I brought my hand from my pocket towards my face, I saw the crimson blood drip from the cut. Tenderly, I licked up the blood, savoring the metallic taste. Over and over again, I imagined how I would stab Jeff with this same knife, savoring his blood over mine instead. 

    I scooted closer to the brother, watching his breaths go up and down as he slept. "Ugly." I muttered to myself. I tugged at his dirty, matted hair roughly. I didn't have a reason for it, I just wanted him to feel pain.

    The hair tugging woke Jeff up. He lazily blinked awake, turning his head to look up at me. "What are you doing Liu?" Jeff asked annoyed. He rubbed his head. 

    "It's Sully," I growled. 

     "Ah, Sully... okay." Jeff lifted his body up, mimicking my sitting position. "So where is Liu?" 

     "Asleep," I answered stiffly. Jeff looked rather confused at my statement. "Look," I pinched the bridge of my nose, feeling pain from Liu trying to take control. "You are alive, because I let you stay alive. If it wasn't for Liu, or the fact I need a place to stay, you'd be six feet underground hours ago." 

     "Is that a challenge, Sully?" There was a hint of rage in his tone. I found this amusing. 

      "Doesn't need to be a challenge when I know you'll lose." 

        Jeff and I locked cold gazes with each other, neither one of us refusing to back down. I felt my fists clench, bloodlust on my mind. I think Jeff was feeling the same way, too. But, fortunate for me, and as expected, Jeff gave in first as he looked down at his muddied black jeans. 

     "Okay, for the sake of Liu, let's put this behind us." 

       "...for now," I added. "But don't think this is over." 

       It seemed there was something on Jeff's mind. He seemed lost in thought. The sky was beginning to brighten into a new day, and I could see Jeff better. He kept opening and closing his mouth, seemingly trying to find some words. I wouldn't be surprised, he is so daft! Eventually, he muttered, "Sully, I know you are not Liu. But... I still see you as my brother." 

     "Stop with the sappiness!" I clapped my hands over my ears rather childish, but only I can admit that, no one else! "I don't see you as my brother. There is no way I'll accept you as one, even if you see me as yours. Your words are meaningless, just like you." 

    I guess I might have struck a nerve, as Jeff's softened expression hardened. "So be it." Jeff whispered harshly. The birds around us began to chirp above our heads. The sun was nearly about to blossom in the sky, and that was when we decided to continue our journey. "Come on." Jeff got up on his feet, stretching his arms above his head. "Let's get a move on." 

    "Whatever." And with that, with ignored our sore muscles as we trekked through the forest on a new morning.