97: Single

'Single' by The Neighborhood

Y/m/n= Your moms name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night y/n did not apologize to Jean, she just couldn't find the time too. She had told Hange that she was going home, too. Dumb decision. But there Y/n was; walking alone on a rainy night. She didn't know where she was going. Definitely not home. Her clothes were already soaking, she sat at a bus stop, where the rain would not hit her. She looked through her contacts on her phone. It was in the order of Sasha, Mikasa, Hange, Armin, Mom, Connie.... then Jean. 

"Mom." Whispered y/n, she was speaking to herself, she hovered over her moms contact and pressed it, then held the phone up to her ear. She only heard the dial tone, then voice message "Heyy, this is y/m/n Port-" Y/n stopped it before it could go on. Her mother was probably sleeping anyways. 

"People would mistake you for a girl who was freshly broken up with, y'know." There he stood, with an umbrella above him and wearing a white button up with dress pants... the one and only Jean Kirstein. "What're you doing out here, y/n? Let me drive you home, lets go" He reached his hand out for hers, which she took, and took her to the car. He opened and closed the door for her, and he even turned on the heat. It was completely silent in the car, but somehow the silence was loud. 

It was a good thing that home wasn't far from the bus stop. As soon as they got home y/n changed into dry clothes that were actually hers and not Hange's. Jean was currently brushing y/ns hair out. 

"Jean... I think I need to apologize. You don't need too," Said y/n 

"I know I don't" 

"Anyways, I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it when I said I should've been with Armin. And instead of getting out of hand, I should've tried to see where you were coming from. I'm terribly sorry, Jean" Said y/n, sincerely. 

Jean put down the brush and pulled a hair tie, he was planning on doing a braid, "Thank you, I had been waiting for you to come back for a while. But if I'm being honest I don't even remember half the things you said, I just simply pretend not to hear it, and it works" Said Jean, "But to simplify, I accept it y/n" He finished braiding her hair and tying the end. "I can see that you haven't been keeping up with your skin care" 

"Well gee, the products are only here" Said y/n, he sat in front of y/n "Its ok if I touch your face, right?" Asked Jean, Y/n nodded. He used a brush to apply a mud mask on y/n, and used his fingers as well, then did the same to himself.

"What were you doing out there, Jean?" 

"I was going to Connie's house." Said Jean, "But it's ok, I'll just tell him that I was busy" 

"Remember that one time-" 

"When I asked if we could never argue again? It was when we had the relationship that lasted 3 days, on May 13th, in the middle of the night." Said Jean

"Yeah"

"I was foolish, every relationship has arguments" Said Jean, "But lets try not to have them as often, 'kay?" 

"Ok"

"And by the way, expect things to be the same as how they were before you left." Said Jean

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~