Carnival

"Are you okay Tendo?" You ask him lightly. He blinks before smiling softly. 

           "I'm fine… That actually reminded me of how we met." He murmurs.

           "Heh… It was, wasn't it?" You smile a bit. He gives a nod, leaning down as he touches your cheeks gingerly, looking into your eyes and making a blush spread across your cheeks. 

          "You're as amazing as you were back then." He murmurs with a warm smile.

          "I- um…" You start to stumble over your words making him chuckle softly.

           "Go pay and get changed." He pats your head.

          "Right." You swiftly go to the counter to pay before hurrying to the changing room to switch clothes and join them again. 

          "So… How did you two meet?" Mika asks as the group makes their way back to the door.

          "Well… We were in grade school. Rory and her buddies had found me on my way home from school and started picking on me. Then they started throwing rocks, and I fell, curling up to protect myself. Then, the next thing I knew, someone was hugging me, for the first time in my life." He chuckles bitterly before continuing.

          "She took a few hits herself when she did that. Then put herself between me and Rory. But before they could do anything- ___'s friends came charging in hitting them and making them run away… It was amazing." He recalls with a small smile. "Course, her friends were naturally wary of me, and after ___ patched me up they took her along." 

          "Aww that's such a sweet story." Mika breathes, touching her cheek. 

          "If I remember right you got hit on the head by one of those rocks." Tendo touches near your hairline. 

          "Yeah. My dad panicked when he saw it." You chuckle lightly. 

          "I bet. Being a lone parent must've been nerve wrecking." Atsumu comments as the group reaches the door. 

          "Nah, ___ was probably a better kid than we were." Osamu points out before everyone passes through. 

          "Oh? Did you guys have a lone parent too?" Mika asks.

          "Yeah. Dad couldn't help because of an..

 Illness. Mom kind of made him leave." Atsumu admits.

          "But mom had Aunt Autumn to help out too." Osamu adds in before sending you a smile. "She always missed you." You blink and smile back, looking down.

         "I wonder what would've happened if I didn't respond to the mana from those clouds." You breathe.

         "Isn't it obvious?" Atsumu inquires.

         "Yeah… Kind of sad to wonder about." You murmur.

         "I think we would've tried meeting you at some point." Osamu admits.

          "Yeah." Atsumu nods.

          "Let's not think about things that didn't happen. ___'s here and it's great." Mika chimes hugging you happily. You smile a bit at that, looking ahead as the group nears the door to the Elven shopping district. 

           ".... That demon is gonna try tagging along." Atsumu suddenly grumbles.

           "Is there anyone you like?" Mika sweatdrops.